Chaoter 10

Today Zara was arriving and no one was more excited than Ya Khalifa to see how this 'drama' will unfold. He says and I quote "it's been a long time without proper entertainment in this family anyway."

I and Amna cleaned up another empty guest room for Zara, it was directly opposite mine and a door away from Amna's.

We were done cleaning up and after moving around the room with turaren wuta for a minute I came out and I closed the door behind me, then going around the rest of the house with the turaren wuta in my hands.

Today is Saturday so everyone is at home, I saw
Ya Khalifa coming through the front doors but he was too far away from where I was standing so we just waved at each other.

Alim came running to me a few seconds after that to hug my legs, I giggled before keeping the turaren wuta on a table then rushing to pick him up before we hugged each other. He's literally the cutest child ever.

I gave him a loud kiss on the side of his head which made him giggle out loud as he wrapped his tiny arms around my neck "Hey baby! How are you?"

"Fine" he said with a giggle.

I smiled before turning him to keep him on my hips.

Alina passed by and she gave me a scowl before Ya Khalifa was quick to drag her by the back of her shirt and he gave her a pointed glare.

She was too too smart for her age so she was quick to pick up what the glare meant "Hello Aunty Manal"

"Hello Alina, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine" she said before rushing off while shouting her dad's name.

"Hello Manal" Ya khalifa said with a smile.

I smiled back "Hello Ya Khalifa" I said before bending down to pick up  the turaren wuta.

"Let me help you with him" he said moving forward to collect Alim but he quickly moved away from his uncle.

Ya khalifa gaped at him "ni za ka ma haka?"

Alim smirked, he literally smirked. Children of nowadays!

"Zaka ganeh, you will come looking for me and you'll get the same treatment" he said while narrowing his eyes.

I love how he speaks to them like they're grown ups.

I let out a laugh before fixing him on my hips.

He had the nerve to cheekily smile and wave at Ya Khalifa as we walked away.

I stopped by the kitchen to discard the turaren wuta because it was starting to burn before walking to the dining while still holding Alim.

Everyone was already seated when we went in.

"Oh ni, Kai dai Alim! Manal na zuwa ka koma baby" Aunty Saadatu said (Oh My, You Alim! Immediately Manal arrived you turned into a baby)

I smiled as Alim pouted at him grandma's comment.

I walked forward and I kept him next to Uncle ,who smirked at him.

"Did I not tell you? That you will come and meet me?"

I laughed and I sat down on the other side of Ya Khalifa.

With the only seat being the one opposite Ya Muhammad, AGAIN!

Was there not always an extra seat where did it go?

I greeted Aunty Saadatu.

Then I turned to Ya Muhammad.