Chapter 33

The loud ringing of my phone and Amna knocking on the door combined had me waking up with a jolt.

I looked down at my phone that stopped ringing, I didn't even get to look at the person who called, just the time alone was enough to make a loud gasp leave my mouth and I was jumping off the bed like it was on fire.

I knew I shouldn't have gone back to bed after Fajr!

It was 7:05 and the twins are meant to be out of this house by 7:30, they were meant to wake up 45 minutes ago!

I rushed to my toilet and I turned on the shower, quickly adjusting it to the right temperature before running to the door to open it for Amma.

"The door was open! Why didn't you just push it?" I said.

"Oh, I thought it was closed! I don't even know why-..ugh! Manal! They're terribly late! We can't let Yaya find out or else both you and I and their nanny combined will get a scolding!"

"Take one to their bathroom and I'll bathe the other here" I said quickly.

She grabbed Alina who has already woken up from our noises, I rushed to their room to pick up Alim's  toiletries and I came back in to carry him.

I undressed him, he didn't wake up until the water touched his body, he woke up with a cry.

And that was how we finished the shower with him crying and me engulfing him in his towel before rushing to their room to get him dressed.

I hugged him to my chest before placing a kiss on his wet face "I'm sorry, shikenan, mun gama!"

(that's all, we're done!)

Amna kept the uniform on the bed and as quickly as I could I got him ready before pushing him into the uniform.

"Aunty Amna I didn't do my homework" Alina said.

Home-work with them was usually Amna's responsibility if their dad was busy.

"Shit!" Amna said out loud.

I wack her over the head for cursing in front of them.

"What do you mean you didn't do your homework? I went out yesterday so I said Uncle fifa should help you" she said.

I face-palmed myself before moving to look at the time, 7:21, we had some time.

"Go get them something to eat please" I said to Amna and she rushed out before I dragged Alina, we sat on the floor as I brought out the homework from her bag.

We didn't have time for me to tell her to identify the letters like instructed so I just held her hand as we traced the letters before bringing out the random crayons in her pencil case and we hastily colored the white and black paper together.

Thankfully Alim didn't have any homework, Alina was in section A while he was in B, I have no idea why they would separate them, they're twins leave them together. But it's not my business anyway.

I picked up all the scattered stationeries and papers on the ground and arranging them before shoving them in her backpack.

I helped her wear the bag before fixing Alim's collar and helping him do the same.

I got their tiny perfumes before spaying little on each persons and I put it back in its place before dragging them to the kitchen where Amna was coming out with what looked like 4 triangle shaped jam sandwiches.

They took one each and they started to munch, they were a bit too slow so I decided they'll finish eating it in the car.

I and Amna thought we had escaped, just as I placed them into the back seat and their Nanny entered the front to escort them with the diver as usual, Ya Muhammad was coming out of his chalet.