Chapter 51

"Why did you leave the benches?" he asked as he gripped my waist before lifting me up to place me on the horse, this was the first time he had said a word to me since we walked back from the restaurant, immediately we came back to the benches he gestured we move to the horses.

He unbuttoned the bottom buttons of my abaya before moving my other leg so my legs are on either sides of the horse.

"I was thirsty...you took long" I said.

He adjusted my abaya before looking up at me "I apologize for taking long. It's looking like I need to be with you all the time, because it seems like everyone seems to be fond of touching what's mine"

At first instance that would sound like a joke, only that he wasn't smiling.

I looked away from his gaze.

Oh.

"Don't go there again, ok?"

I nodded before stopping mid nod releasing he doesn't like it when I nod "ok"

He pulled away before surprising me by climbing the horse, sitting behind me.

I yelped in surprise causing brown to neigh back at me.

I scowled at the creature.

I still held unto his arm because I felt if I let go I'll be on this muddy ground.

"You can release me now" he said, as if hearing my thoughts.

I slowly unfisted my hand from his arm only for me to quickly latch it on his thigh when brown jerked forward.

"I'm scared" I confessed.

"I'm right behind you."

I let out a breath as he gripped the reins and he motioned I do too.

Brown started moving as we lapped around the huge space.

I grew so comfortable that I forgot I was on brown and I leaned my back against Ya Muhammad's chest

I looked at his fist in front of me holding the reins, a scar on his right ring finger caught my attention, I don't know what came over me but I picked up my hand and I brushed my thumb over it.

He tensed as he looked down at me.

I turned up to look at him to see if that made him upset, his face remained neutral looking down at me, I offered him a smile and not a second later one adored his lips.

My smile increased and so did the beating of my heart.

I leaned in closer, turning my head to place my cheek on his shoulder

He leaned down to place a kiss on my head before pulling up my veil to cover the bit of hair exposed.

That was how the rest of the ride went, him directing the horse and me leaning against him enjoying his company.

Some minutes before the sun finished setting he decided it was time to leave and we left.

We stopped to get the twins some treats on the way back and we arrived back home a bit over 10 minutes after Maghrib.

He left to pray and I and the twins packed in my room, listening to them tell me about their day as they stuffed their faces with candy.

Alina was on my lap and Alim was cuddled to my side.

I smiled at the quiet boy before leaning down to give him a kiss on his forehead which caused him to giggle.

"And Mallam said he'll beat me!" Alina said pouting.