Chapter 18

"Are you sure you're ok?" Ya Khalifa asked next to me and I was quick to nod.

We were standing waiting for Amna to finish saying her good bye around the room.

The only thing giving me anxiety was that he was holding my hand, but I had a feeling I knew why he did that.

The last time him and I were together in a place with this much men, things didn't exactly go well...

So I understood him and I didn't want to be rude by removing it from his grip but I really wasn't doing a good job at convincing Nabeela or anyone else that there was nothing going on.

When I made eye contact with her for the nth time tonight since ya Khalifa arrived, and for some reason he refused to leave my side, I decided it was time to take action.

"Ya Khalifa" I whispered.

He leaned down to my height to hear me "yes princess?"

"I-..don't you think Nabeela will have a problem with us holding hands?" I managed to say.

"Nabeela? Why would she?" He asked as he looked at me before looking at her direction

"No! Don't look at her, zata san maganan ta mukeh!" I said hurriedly.
(She'll know we're speaking about her!)

He chuckled before moving his eyes back to me.

I was silent before I spoke after a few seconds "I..don't know" I said replying to his earlier statement.

He suddenly frowned "did she say anything to you?"

"No."

Well it looked like she had a lot to say but I kept avoiding her the entire night, if I saw she was approaching my direction, I go the other way, if she's coming to the dessert table to get something, I'm  picking up mine and walking away, if I'm alone and she's approaching me, I start a conversation with the person next to me"

Kaman Tom and Jerry.

I knew she was coming with violence, and I really really didn't have the energy for that, and besides I can't fight to save my life! 

"Good, Nabeela can be a bit crazy sometimes, if she ever does or says something you don't like, tell me" he said.

"Ok" I replied.

"And I'm not with Nabeela, I don't know what made you think so, so she shouldn't have a problem with anything."

I looked at him "ok"

He smiled before he stood straighter, he held my hand tighter and he brought me closer.

Oh God.

Amna was still taking her time to say bye and Ya Khalifa hissed.

He was about to speak up but his ringing tone halted him.

"Hm" he said.

He used his other hand to pick up the phone and he placed it on speaker.

I noticed he liked putting his calls on speaker.

Ya Muhammad's voice came through the phone and it has me freezing, as if he was here in person. This was the second time he's calling

"Bring the girls home, this is the second time i am saying this, the third dukan ku baza ku ji da daddi ba" he said.
(The third time all of you won't like it)

"Toh, sorry, we're coming" Ya Khalifa replied.

The call ended immediately.