Chapter 28

I dropped the final dish on the table before I stood up straight and I walked away from it.

We came back two days ago, and today I made everything I promised I'll make Ya Muhammad when we're back, The Cupcakes, the pasta and the Shepard's pie.

I suggested I could make him something else , that was just something to satisfy our night hunger but apparently he wanted it exactly like that night...and well here we are.

"Wa wannan duk na Muhammad neh shi kaddai? Lallai Ana ji da kai" Baba said with a teasing tone
(All this is for Muhammad alone? Indeed you're cared for)

Amna and Aunty Saadatu who were next to him chuckled.

I could feel a glare at the back of my head but I ignored it, it was zara, that glare had been at the back of my head and the sides of my face since she figured I was cooking for her 'man'.

I assume she didn't want him lashing out on her like that day so apart from the glares she hasn't said a word to me....yet.

The twins were eyeing the food on the table, Alim the cupcakes and Alina the Shepard's pie that she was eyeing skeptically.

She probably still had PTSD from Zara's own from three nights ago.

No offense...

The side of Ya Muhammad's lip tilted to the side from his dad's words.

I didn't know how to react to that, if I dwelled on it I would get embarrassed so I made a move to serve him instead.

I moved next to him, without asking I served the Shepard's pie first since that's his favorite.

After that I served everyone on the table before leaving Ya Khalifa's share in the dish, he was at his friend's place for dinner tonight.

When he met me making it in the kitchen he warned me to keep it for him.

Literally.

He had said if I didn't he's taking me directly to the police station. I did plan on keeping it for him anyway but the threat was amusing to me.

We ate together and compliments went around the table on the food.

I softly thanked them suddenly embarrassed by the affirmations.

"I want more!" Alina said pointing at the dish on the table "please?" She added as her head tilted to me.

I smiled before shaking my head "That's for Uncle Fifa, come, you can have mine." I said using the name she usually uses for him.

She started to climb out of her chair with a grin before her father shook his head "You can't have your share and take from other people's share too, I've told you this" he scolded

She pouted at him.

Soon enough he fell for her manipulation because seconds later she was on his lap as he fed her from his plate.

I smiled at them.

A few minutes later I and Amna served the pasta and we started eating.

Again the compliments started and I was convinced my head was going to blow up into pieces.

I felt a gaze on me and I turned to look at Ya Muhammad who was beside me, today he ditched sitting at the head of the table opposite his father.

He was drinking a glass of water and when he dropped the glass back on the table, I spoke up.

"Good?" I asked referring to the food.

He hadn't said anything and I was wondering if it's because he didn't like it.