Chapter 17

"Ok girls, I'll come pick you up exactly at 9, mama's orders" Ya Khalifa said when we reached the venue.

"Cmon ya Khalifa, dan Allah ka bari Sai 10, awa biyu kadai zamuyi? Daga chin abinchi Sai mu tashi? Haba Dan Allah, mama won't know we even added an hour, and baba isn't in town, it's even Ya Muhammad that I'm scared of, but I'm sure he won't find out, his bratty children will keep him busy" Amna said from the front seat as she turned to look at her brother.

(please leave it till 10, we're only going to spend two hours? We'll just eat food and get up?)

"All this explanation you should call her and tell her instead of telling me because I'm coming to pick you up 9 on the dot until she says otherwise, hakanan? Ni za ah ma fadda ba keh ba, if you want to spend more time at the party you better enter now because you've already wasted 3 minutes like this talking to me" he replied as he typed away on his phone.

(Just like that? I'm the one that's going to get shouted at not you.)

Amna huffed before opening the door and and I followed suit from the backseat.

I said bye to Ya Khalifa and he zoomed off immediately we were out.

I attempted to pull my dress a bit down to feel more comfortable but it didn't work, there were a lot of people here and I couldn't help but feel self conscious.

Who sent me?

We entered into the reserved place to see several familiar faces that I see walking around in school.

Sadiya stood out of the croud in her gorgeous burnt orange dress that complimented her skin tone.

She spotted us and she grinned before she quickly walked away from the guy she was talking to and she rushed us.

She enveloped us in a group hug and we laughed.

"Oh my God! You look so gorgeous!" Amna said to her after we finished the hug.

Sadiya giggled before she gave us a little twirl.

"You two look amazing!"

"Thank youu" we both chorused. 

"Happy birthday again, you look beautiful" I said as I gave her the two paper bags I was holding.

We stopped at a gift shop to get her gifts, which Amna made Ya khalifa pay for.

"Oh my God! Thank youu guyss, you're so sweet" she said as she collected the gifts and she gave us another hug before dragging us into the party.

Amna and Sadiya started talking to the guy and I didn't know them so it was awkward just standing there so I decide to walk to Maama who was seated at the long table.

When she spotted me she smiled before giving me a hug "Oh My God Manal you look sooo gorgeous."

I smiled at her after the hug before sitting on the chair next to her "Thank you! You look pretty too and we're matching!" I said as I looked at her cute black dress.

She giggled before she suggested we take a picture.

We were in the middle of taking the pictures when a figure appeared from behind me in the camera.

I turned and Nabeela was standing there.

I offered her a smile, ignoring how awkward it was for her to just be standing there.

She didn't return the smile before she sat down on the chair next to me.

Okay...

"Manal, I see you're looking different tonight" she said.