Chapter 37

Kausar had been the one to show me around the house.

She showed me Ya Muhammad's room, not really the room, she just showed me the door, we didn't go in, then she showed my room which was opposite the twin's room, it is cute, it's...spacious, way too spacious that it had me wondering if it's meant for me alone or the entire neighborhood.

Kausar  had a look of confusion on her face "da nan parlor neh...I guess it got changed to accommodate you"

(This used to be a living room)

That fast? There's no way he would have done this in one day, I mean it's possible but it's literally impossible, something told me it hadn't been done in one day...did he really get the room fixed for me not even knowing if I'll accept his proposal or not?

I'm not even surprised, it's him.

Nevertheless I loved the room.

Not only was it big the bed looked comfortable and there was also a little sitting area in it too.

There was a room opposite Ya Muhammad's that she didn't show me

"What about that room?" I asked pointing towards it.

She looked at me skeptically "it's always locked so kar ki damu"

She didn't answer my question but I didn't push it.

How she acted gave it away, I wasn't the smartest person alive but my instinct told me it could have belonged to his late wife, Afra.

Is that why he got the living room changed for me? Because he didn't want me in her room?

I pushed the thought at the back of my mind as we walked into the twins's room.

If I thought their room in Aunty Saadatu's house was beautiful then it was nothing compared to this.

The room was separated into two, half of it was Mickey Mouse themed and the other part was Minnie Mouse, from everything up to the beds, the chairs, the wadrobe, the study tables, everything!

The house is beautiful, I couldn't stop looking around, what does he even do? I literally know nothing about this man.

After I was done seeing the rooms we went downstairs.

Ya Muhammad was at the dinning table with the twins, they were eating what seemed to be takeouts.

I made a move to go sit at the living room as Kausar walked into the kitchen.

Call me akward but this is awkward, I guess you could say I'm family now but I'm not used to it. I mean I had what you would call practice during our trip but nothing prepared me for the real thing.

"Manal, come eat." He said.

I paused just as I was about to place my butt on the chair.

I stood up straight.

"I-..I'm not hungry" I replied.

He gave me a blank look.

It was 2pm and I had nothing to eat the entire day.

But my stomach was already filled with anxiety so there's not really much space for hunger.

"Come eat." he repeated.

I reluctantly gave in before walking and sitting opposite him and beside Alim.

This dining was smaller than the one at their family house, this one had six chairs and we had currently occupied the 4 facing each other.