Chapter 48

Because we've hit 50k! 🤭

-/-/-/

His eyes turned to me.

I looked back at him.

It didn't look like he was going to look away so I did instead, i walked in and I dragged a table and placed the tray on top before keeping it in front of him.

I moved to another couch to sit as far away from him as I can.

Before I could place my bum on the leather couch he spoke to me.

"Come sit here" he said patting the space next to him.

I eyed the space he patted at before turning to look away from him as if I didn't hear him.

I could still feel Mama there, he couldn't see her but I could.

For the sake of her hearing us I complied and I moved to sit next to him.

Silence.

Silence.

"Ya kike?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Lafiya" I replied.

I felt Mama leaving and I relaxed a bit.

Silence.

"Ya kika samu su mama?" He asked.

"Lafiya."

He nodded "you haven't been answering my calls Manal"

Silence.

It was either that or telling him 'I know', for the sake of the respect I had for him I went for silence instead.

"Look at me" he added. 

I reluctantly turned to look at him and he was already looking at him.

He was too good looking for his own good.

This is not the time Manal.

Sorry.

He was dressed in a white kaftan with its pants and a matching plain white cap.

Straight out of a magazine.

"You're not going to ask of the twins?" He asked with a small smile.

"I speak to them everyday" I replied.

I tried to move my head away from his gaze but he was quick to bring his finger under my chin to raise it up, my eyes still avoided his.

"I know, everyday it's what they spoke about with Maama, they miss you" he said.

Silence.

More silence.

He moved his hand from my chin to hold my hand. "I miss you too"

I moved my eyes up to look at him for a second before looking back down at the hand he was holding, trying to calm down my stupid heart that wanted to start beating fast.

Again...this is not the time.

I hummed at him as I removed a loose thread from my veil with the hand he wasn't holding.

Well I don't.

Liar.

He smiled.

I tried to move my hand away but he held it tighter.

"Ina zaki je?" He asked, looking at my attire.

"For a wedding" I said.

He looked down at my attire again before looking back at my face "like this?"