Chapter 29

Ya Khalifa slumped on the chair beside me before moving to whisper to me.

"Thank you Princess, daga nache ah aje mun Shepard's pie an aje mun komai, da alama Bakya so kije prison" he said to me with a smile.

(From saying I want the Shepard's pie to be kept for me you kept everything, it's obvious you don't want to go to prison)

I guess he found the food I left him in the kitchen last night.

"Have you seen Nigerian prison?" I replied

We laughed together.

"You're welcome" I said smiling back at him.

"And it was delicious too" he pointed out.

"Thank you" I said.

"No, thank you" he said before pinching my cheek and moving away.

I pushed down the urge to purse my lips so it wouldn't be obvious that I was trying not to blush.

I looked up and Aunty Sa'adatu had a knowing smile on her face as she looked down at her phone.

Oh My God.

She probably saw that interaction.

She's such a cool mom, My mother would have had a heart attack the minute Ya Khalifa had moved an inch closer to me.

I looked up to see Ya Muhammad coming into the room, dressed in his office attire, his tie was in his hand, he hadn't knotted it yet.

He greeted his mother before sitting down and the rest of us greeted him, soon enough Baba came in and we started breakfast.

The twins had left for school about 30 minutes ago.

And between the rest of the three of us who go to school I happened to be the only one with classes today.

"Manal" Aunty Saadatu called.

"Na'am?" I said looking in her direction.

"The drivers are out and the other one is taking Baba to work, Muhammad will drop you off" she said.

I nodded at her before my eyes drifted to Ya Muhammad who didn't show any indifference to the statement.

I guess he knew already.

Seeing as time was not on our side and both him and I were getting late for school and work he stood up and I followed, I wasn't even done eating but I didn't have a choice.

I went into the passenger's seat as he started the car, immediately I put my seat belt on he drove off.

I looked down at the bag in my lap, it's the one he had gotten for me.

I wonder if he noticed.

Are you dumb? it's literally in plain sight, of course he did.

Speaking of him getting me something, the resolution I made up in my head last night before I slept clicked into my head.

After speaking to my parents and sister last night and they told me how unexpected it was and how huge and well known the hospital was nothing made sense.

My dad kept applying to all the hospitals he could apply to in jigawa, but despite how good and qualified he is, he won't be able to get the position he wanted without any type of connection, he did get offers but most of them were much lower ranked than the position he held at the old hospital, my dad's ego was too much for his own good, he couldn't stand the fact that he would go from being the head doctor to a much lower ranked position, with his qualification that was an insult to him, I understood where he was coming from but if I was in his place I'll take it, but again, his ego is bigger than this country entirely.