Chapter 45

I woke up to a door being slammed shut.

I let out a soft hiss as I opened my eyes.

Ya Muhammad disappeared into the closet just as I turned to look at him.

The events of yesterday came rushing into my head and I wished I didn't wake up. Being unconscious sounded way more safe and promising than...this.

I turned and I buried my face in the pillow.

Oh God.

I have school today, but I wasn't even in the right state of mind to attend, for the first time ever since I started, I decided to ditch.

I turned my cheek to place it on the pillow

Trying to analyze what I had tried to analyze before I somehow managed to sleep.

How did those messages get into my phone?

The guards I have figured that Ya Khalifa had probably bribed them or something, that was easy to put together.

But the messages??

How?

The only explanation was that he somehow hacked into my phone because how??

I didn't type that. There were only three other people in the house with me, the twins are out of the equation and Kausar had retired to her room hours before that after she had complained of period cramps, even if she was the one, her grammar wasn't that good for her to be able to type that herself, so she's also out of the equation.

So how??

This made no sense to me.

He came out of the closet with his clothes for the day in his hands "Stand up and get out of my room, this will be the last time I will say this"

I looked at him, still not believing that he's not believing me.

I carried the rest of my self respect that I had left and I left the room without another word.

I walked to my room

It was 7 am and I hadn't prayed Fajr, I cursed myself before rushing to enter the toilet.

I came out and I prayed.

I finished my azkhar when it sank in.

I'm going to be a divorcee. He's divorcing me.

A divorcee at 18? A divorcee when I've not even gotten rid of the 'amarya' label yet?

Innalillahi wa inna ilaihirajiun.

This can not be happening.

This can not be happening to me.

My eyes were dry, the tears had failed me because I felt like I have cried all my tears out, so instead I prayed.

I decided to leave everything to Allah, whatever happens is for the best.

I breathed in and out to calm my nerves and I decided to take a shower to help me feel better.

After my shower I dressed up and I went down to see the twins off, probably for the last time.

I went back into my room to sit on the bed...and think.

Not 5 minutes have passed when Kausar came in.

"Aunty Manal, baban su Alina Yache Wai ki tattara kayan ki" she said as she looked at me in pity.

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

Is this what this has reached too? He sends the maid to tell me to pack up my stuff to leave his house?