Chapter 30

After that drama I and Labiba went for our last class, immediately after that I left for home, the driver had been waiting for me already.

Immediately I closed the front door behind me the smell of turaren wuta engulfed me. That was my favorite part of coming back.

I had a very long day today, I've been at school from 9-5, literally a full day at work. Gosh.

I pushed my limbs to Aunty Sa'adatu's room to go greet her.

After that I retired to my room and I prayed Maghrib before taking a shower and laying down for 30 minutes to rest my aching body.

After the 30 minutes was up I walked to the dining room to see it empty, for some reason dinner is late today, i heard voices in the smaller living room and I went in to see Ya Khalifa tickling Alina on the carpet and Amna laying on the couch facing the  TV.

Alina was the first to notice me as she wiggled away from her Uncle "Hi Aunty Manaaal!"

I smiled at her before moving forward to poke her nose like how her Uncle does, she hates it.

Just like I thought she scowled and I laughed "Hi Alina."

Ya Khalifa pushed his hand forward for a high five and I clapped my palm against his with a smile.

I turned to Amna, normally she would be screaming when she sees me but today she completely ignored me.

I poked her shoulder "hi Amna."

She said nothing.

I moved forward to look at her face, wondering if she's sleeping, however her eyes were wide open watching the TV.

Ha'an.

I turned to Ya Khalifa in confusion to find him glaring at her, he turned to me shaking his head, indicating I ignore her.

Ok...

I sat down on another couch away from her as I dwelled on the awkward silence.

Ya Khalifa broke it "Manal, how was school?"

I opened my mouth to tell him I passed the random quiz test given to us that I was paranoid about, I had written it the day before.

Amna however didn't let me speak.

She turned to look at me with a glare "yes, tell us! Did you have fun disgracing my friend in front of the whole school?"

Oh?

Was this what this is about?

I didn't even say anything to Nabeela.

"Amna" Ya Khalifa warned.

"Don't take her side, she's not as innocent as you think she is! I thought you were, Amma dama Ashe that's how you are, Yaya Muhammad was right after all! you wait till I'm not there before showing my friends your true color, if you're jealous about Ya Khalifa's relationship with Nabeela then just say that! No need to embarrass her like that in front of the whole school, I should have listened to her when she said I shouldn't bring people like you to our group!"

"Amna! Don't speak to her like that, meh ya sameh ki?!" Ya Khalifa said, sitting up from his position.

She scowled before she stood up and she stormed out of the room.

I gaped at her retreating figure.

I can't believe she said that to me. I didn't do anything wrong.

This was the second time people in this house are labeling me under a type of person, 'people like you' what does that even mean? I didn't know how to feel about that?