Chapter 32

Third person's pov.

Three weeks had passed since the death of Alhaji Abdullahi but the heaviness of his absence still weighed in the hearts of his loved ones.

Muhammad had decided to go see his ex wife's mother and sister to see how they were doing, the last time he saw them was 2 days ago. He visited them a lot more frequently than he used to before Abba's death. It was just the two of them now and he has taken the responsibility upon himself to be the male figure in their lives.

Before he did that he planned on going to see his mother first to discuss with her the issue that has been going through his head for the past 4 weeks.

He knocked unto her door once, he didn't get to do so the second time before he heard 'come in'.

He pushed the door open and Manal was seated opposite his mother, both of them on the carpet , he wondered what they were speaking about.

The girl smiled in his direction, like she usually does.

He wasn't the one to always smile but he found himself occasionally smiling back at her, she always wore that smile on and it was way too contagious.

The side of his lips tilted up.

He greeted his mother before taking a seat on the carpet too.

"Manal" he said to her.

She is a smart girl, she was quick to understand he wanted space, she excused herself before walking out of the room and she closed the door behind her.

"Da baka koreh ta ba, she was telling me about her father, yau taje ta gan shi at his house, he came yesterday, you know they've given him a job Kuma har da gidan zama, nache Masha Allah, he has very good luck" the woman said to her son.

(/You shouldn't have sent her away./She went to see him today./ And also a house)

But of course he knew all of that, he was the one who made it all happen, the hospital wasn't in charge of providing accommodation for their staff, but he made that happen.

He nodded "Ma Sha Allah, that's good."

She nodded with a grin.

"So what is it you want to speak to me about?" She asked.

Muhammad wasn't the one to beat around the bush "I'm here to tell you that I'm ready to get married."

Muhammad was a little worried his mother's face would split into two from the wide grin that appeared on her face.

"Alhamdulillah! Kuma sai ka bari sai da Zaran ta tafi? Amma wannan ba matsala baneh..Alhamdulillah! I knew you would come around-.." she started.

(And you left it till Zarah left?/ But that isn't a problem)

"Mama I already told you, I'm not marrying Zara." He said.

She huffed "Kai Muhammad, watan ta nawa ah garinnan saboda Kai?"

(C'mon Muhammad, how many months has she spent in this city because of you?)

Muhammad thought about how he never wanted her here in the first place, so why should he bother about how many months she had spent? That's none of his business. But he didn't voice that out to his soft hearted mother.

She sighed "Amma shikenan, I can't force you to be with someone you don't want to be with, the good thing is you're cooperating now! I will find you an amazing girl that would be the perfect wife to you and an even more perfect mother to your children."