Chapter 22

We arrived at the airport about three hours before our flight took off.

Alim fell asleep in the car so his father carried him. I held Alina's hand and when she tried to fuss, her father glared at her and she behaved.

We walked into the airport with an airport staff  following behind us, pushing the trolley that has our suitcases.

I followed every procedure with my eyes carefully, I wanted to savor every single moment of this. We went to check in and we were done in about 30 minutes.

Somehow along the way, a sleeping Alim ended up
in my arms and Ya Muhammad held Alina.

As we walked to the terminal Alim started to get heavy in my arms but I didn't complain. I halted to push him up before I continued walking. We arrived and we sat down on the chairs, I tried to calm down my heavy breathing.

Gosh, I'm so unfit.

I see Ya Muhammad who's next to me turn to raise an eyebrow, I grew embarrassed.

Alina crawled down from his lap to appear in front of me, she squinted her eyes at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"Pringles" she said.

I squinted my eyes back at her "what do you say?"

She slumped her shoulders, refusing to say it.

I refused to give to her what she was asking.

She gave up "...please"

I smiled before turning her around and bringing the Pringles out of the backpack on her back.

I closed the bag before I handed it to her.

She was about to walk away but I held her back "you didn't say it."

"Thank you" she murmured.

"Good girl."

A small smile came on her lips.

My eyes widened.

Alina smiled at me???

So...she likes being praised?  Noted.

She moved to her dad before climbing on his lap, she leaned her back on his chest as he typed away on his phone.

She was having difficulty opening the pack so he dropped his phone and he opened it for her.

She turned to look at me before she looked at him and she whispered to him "thank you."

I grinned at her and I gave her a thumb up and she gave me a small smile back.

"You're welcome" he said before he raised up his phone and he continued typing.

I felt movements on me and I looked down to see Alim waking up from his sleep, his  eyes opened and he blinked up in confusion.

He smiled a little after a few seconds before sitting up on my lap.

He smiled at his dad and Ya Muhammad noticed and he turned to him before reaching forward to pull his cheek.

Alim grinned.

He turned to me before he laid back down on my chest.

"Za ka chi Pringles?" I whispered to him.

He shook his head.

"Cookies?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Zatayi pitsari?"
(Do you want to pee?)

He shook his head.

I chuckled "ok."