Chapter 52

"Manal" I heard a voice.

I scowled in my sleep, refusing to wake up

The person shook my shoulder and I opened up my eyes.

Ya Muhammad stood there with a blank expression on his face.

I closed my eyes for two more seconds before opening them up again with a sigh.

Alim was cuddled to me as he slept, kamar chewing gum.

I removed his arms from around me before I sat up.

You know that moment when you wake up and you're trying to boot? So imagine how awkward is it with me trying to boot and he was just standing there.

"Na'am?" I said as I moved to drag my veil from the bed and I covered my head with it.

"Freshen up, let's go" he said

I nodded, making a move to wake up Alim but he shook his head.

"Let him sleep, we're not going with them" he said.

"I-..we're not going back home with them?" I asked in confusion, looking up at him.

The left side of his lips tilted up "no, we're going somewhere, then we'll come pick them up"

"Oh, where are we going?" I asked

"Meet me in the car" he said instead of replying me.

He turned and without another word and he left the room, i frowned at the door he just went out of.

Okay....

I sighed before picking up my phone, the time was 3:30, I've been asleep for 3 hours.

I've missed zuhr.

I huffed and I stood up before entering the toilet, I performed ablution and I prayed Zuhr before praying asr which was called a few minutes later.

After I did I removed my hijab and I folded the mat before adjusting Alim on the bed and using the blanket to cover him up well.

I tied my headtie and I wrapped the veil around me before walking out of the room.

When I went out of the building Ya Muhammad was in the car, only problem was that Ya Khalifa was at the window of the passenger's seat talking to him.

Oh God...oh God.

I can't just turn and go back! He's waiting for me.

I huffed and I moved my feet to walk towards the car.

I was close enough when they both noticed me, Ya Khalifa quickly shifted away from the door, opening the door for me.

I didn't hesitate to enter and he closed the door behind me, I looked the other way as I kept my bag next to my feet and he bid his brother goodbye.

To my satisfaction, he drove off not a second later.

I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding as I felt Ya Muhammad's gaze on me.

I remember his attitude earlier and suddenly I didn't want to talk to him either.

"Seatbelt" he reminded.

I put on my seat-belt before leaning my head on the window.

There seemed to be a commotion going on way ahead of us because the traffic was horrible.

Despite the traffic, immediately he took a right turn I knew exactly where we were going. 

My father's house.