Chapter 34

Ya Khalifa came back some minutes later with the snacks and drinks.

Despite him pointing out that I was acting weird I brushed it off, I later told him I wanted to go home and he agreed before going to drag his sister and literally forcing her into the car.

I was quiet the entire drive as I got lost in my thoughts, only the sounds of the two bickering swirling in the background.

I'm Married.

I'm Married to Ya Muhammad.

I'm his Wife.

He's my Husband.

I'm officially the twin's Step Mother.

Oh Allah na. I leaned my forehead against my palm as I felt the migraine that had been hitting me since I heard the news come back again.

"Manal are you sure you're ok?" Amna asked from beside me, squeezing my shoulder.

I hummed before nodding and sitting up straight.

I could feel Ya Khalifa looking at me through the mirror, he didn't believe me one bit.

Nevertheless he didn't say anything, after that the both of them kept quiet, not saying a word.

We arrived back and we went to freshen up before we were called for dinner.

I wasn't hungry and I really didn't want to go, that meant I had to face him, I didn't want to face him...yet.

But I already skipped breakfast this morning so skipping dinner too will just be rude.

I passed by the twins to see them having dinner in their room as they watched something on the tv.

I stopped to say hi, after they've given me their hugs I left them to continue watching their show.

When I went in Aunty Saadatu was seated with Ya Khalifa and Amna.

I greeted her before sitting next to Amna and opposite Ya Khalifa.

I could feel Aunty Saadatu's gaze on me but I refused to look up.

This is so sooo awkward.

A few minutes later Ya Muhammad came in and he sat at the other head of the table.

Ya Khalifa and Amna greeted him.

He answered them and after a few seconds of silence I forced myself to greet him.

"Ina wuni" I said to him.

I wasn't looking at him but I could feel his gaze "Lafiya Manal"

Why did he have to say my name, it only made me more tensed.

Not knowing what to do after that I turned to Amna "how's the book I recommend to you?"

She grinned before clasping her palms together "I love it! But do you know who I don't like? Hassan! Becaus-.." she kept quiet when her dad walked into the room.

We waited till he sat down before we greeted him.

His gaze travelled to me before it moved to his eldest son "Well this house is quite gloomy for a house which a marriage just took place in."

Oh God.

Let the ground swallow me please.

This is actually REAL?

Everyone turned to look at him, Amna and Ya Khalifa with confused expressions, Aunty with a small nervous smile on her lips and Ya Muhammad was just looking at him like his father was talking about the weather, not the life changing thing that happened.