Chapter 25

I, Laila and the twins waited outside in the living room of the hospital room as Ya Muhammad and the couple exchanged some words, there was a sliding door in between the two rooms so whatever they spoke about was concealed to us.

Whatever conversation it was took about an hour. An hour of awkward silence because Laila wasn't much of a talker, I feel her gaze on me for sometime before she goes back to using her phone, but apart from that not a single word, for the entire hour. So I spent the time watching Alim play with his toy by my feet and Alina sleeping beside me.

I don't blame her for sleeping, if the chair was a little more comfortable I would too. She was woken up when her dad slid open the door and he ushered them in to say goodbye to their grandad before we left.

We were to come back the day we were leaving which is the day after tomorrow.

We arrived back at the hotel at around 6 pm.

The twins were knocked out, after I quickly bathed them and I put them to bed, I went to sleep too after showering and praying Maghrib and Isha.

I woke up around 3 am because I slept way too early.

I was so hungry because I didn't have dinner, I decided to make something up in the kitchen, I made up my mind to make a quick pasta, I had ingredients I bought from the small mart downstairs two days ago because the twins insisted they wanted Spaghetti and it had to be made by me, the took a liking to anything I make since after those cupcakes I made back at home.

I walked into the living room to see Ya Muhammad at the dining table typing away on his laptop.

I couldn't say good morning? It wasn't really morning yet, and I didn't want to pass without acknowledging him because that would be rude.

So I went with this "um..I'm going to make food, would you like some?"

I expected him to say no.

He nodded as he looked at me, his gaze followed me to the kitchen.

He had been looking at me like that since we left the hospital...like he was analyzing me.

But why??

I brought out the ingredients and I washed my hands and under 45 minutes I was done with the meal.

I served his on his plate and I placed a fork beside it before picking up a glass cup and a box of apple juice and taking it all together to him.

He thanked me and I walked back to the kitchen to carry my plate and go back to the room.

I turned in the direction of the room when I heard his voice.

"Come sit" he offered...or commanded? I can't tell with him honestly.

I froze as I turned to look at him looking back at me

No please. He's scaring me.

I reluctantly turned my feet to the dining table and I pulled out a seat two seats away from him, ready to sit down when he pulled out the seat next to him and he patted it twice.

Is he ok? Genuinely. He's acting very very weird.

I looked at him skeptically before I moved to the chair and I sat down.

Looking away from him and unto my plate because if I do then I'll realize how close he is to me.

I shifted my chair a bit to keep some distance between us but his hand was quick to latch unto the wood part of the underside of my chair and pull it back to its original position, close to him.