Chosen

"Hello there, young Hyuga, Hanma" a voice called out to him from behind. Hanma quickly turned the other way and stared right into the blue flower-patterned pupils of a tall pale skinned old man with white hair reaching to his waist. Hanma noticed that he wasn't in the pitch-black room anymore but he was within his mindscape. Hanma also noticed the Gudodama behind the man but was more intrigued of the eyes he wielded. "Do I know you, old man?" Hanma asked the strange man, still finding the man's eyes stunning. "My name is Otsutsuki Hamura, the younger brother of Otsutsuki Hagoromo also known as the Rikudo Sennin (Sage of Six Paths)" the old man claimed.

"The guy I heard about in those stories? And he has a younger brother...?" Hanma found it hard to believe especially after experiencing what he just did. "Doesn't matter whether you believe me or not, I'm going to explain a few things... or do you not want to be of use when you wake up?" Hamura asked, it just confused Hanma more. "When I... wake up? So, I'm not dead after all?" he asked the half Otsutsuki with a puzzled look. "That depends on the others outside" he answered and hearing that, Hanma paused then smiled. "Alright then old guy... I'm ready!" he said with a serious face.

"So first up, about the memories... to summarize, it was a test, for me to confirm whether or not I was choosing someone chasing after his goal or chasing the goals of another" Hamura declared, his words hit Hanma hard and he immediately understood. "Naruto really does have a huge impact on those around him. Thank you, for opening my eyes" Hanma bowed and Hamura finalized his decision with that. "Well then, how about we get into everything about my mother, Otsutsuki Kaguya" he suggested and began telling the story of what happened over a thousand years ago.

I opened my eyes with a gasp and woke up to see a strange man in front of me. "It seems like your body is finally ready, Uzumaki Kaen!" the deep voiced man shouted. His sharp eyes were standing out, having a pitch-black sclera and dark purple dragon like pupils. He's tall, 6'7, has spiky dark brown hair, a fierce face, in his late 30s or early 40s, dark skinned, wears a black kimono and has two horns. Otsutsuki? I looked around to see that we're in the same place with the string and two piles of bodies. I was subconsciously balancing myself and the bodies were noticeably closer to each other. "Who are you?" I asked, noticing that he was floating above the string.

"My name is Ryuma Naoki, the Twenty Fifth Ryujin (Dragon King) and I'm here to request something of you!" the man once again shouted and had a serious look on his face. "You're that same voice I heard back when I was about to die to Madara's Humanoid Susanoo aren't you? Also... why are you shouting?" I asked with a puzzled yet hopeful face, still thinking about the possibility of getting a power. No, never mind... I died, for good. "I am, letting my only potential candidate die would crush my goal yet again and... the shouting thing is a habit, sorry about that" Naoki explained with a forced lowered voice.

"Potential candidate...? Your goal?" I had many questions for the man and sighed in frustration. "I guess I need to explain everything, I'll start with my clan and eventually we'll get down to the disease you had and about me... got it!?" hearing the man say or rather shout that, my assumption was correct on him having something to do with it. "Fine then... it's not like I need to be anywhere... or can be anywhere" I agreed to his offer and he began explaining while shouting.

"My clan, the Ryuma clan was a clan that lived in a large island in the sky together with the dragons. The clan members each had access to a Sage Mode called Dragon Sage Mode and there's a much superior version to this given to those titled Ryujin, which I will get into later. To summarize, my successor was chosen and she was corrupt, led the clan to extinction. The pile of bodies behind me are the innocent members of the clan, those who had nothing to do with the battle but ended up as casualties... those who I hold myself responsible for dying. The ones behind you are the ones you killed and if I had to take a guess, it would be innocent ones that you regret killing. In the end, the island was destroyed along with the dragons and clan members. I was able to save a few dragons by sending them to safety ahead of time, luckily. My last moments before I died along with everyone in the island were spent despising the choice I made, so with special conditions met, I can enter the mindscape of someone to fulfil my last wish before I truly move on." Naoki kept on shouting when telling the fate of his people.

"My guess is the special conditions are to mix the senjutsu chakra of both Toad and Snake Sage Modes, right?" I guessed but still was unsure about the disease that came with it. "Correct! Mixing the two Senjutsu chakra of predator and prey gives a special Senjutsu chakra similar to the one produced by the members of the clan. The disease, as you call it, isn't a disease in the least. It's but a transformation process, getting your body suitable to handle the power us Ryujin wield. The Ryujin transformation is a secret only passed down to every Ryujin throughout history, by tradition of the First. It was said that the Great Dragon Elder bestowed this transformation upon many throughout history but it was only ever successful with the First Ryujin and from there, those of his bloodline were all able to access the Dragon Sage Mode!" Naoki boasted proudly about this part of the story.

"That's really interesting but I'm sorry to disappoint, I can't become your next Ryujin... being dead and all" despite saying all that, I knew what was coming. You're not dead... those words are mandatory for a situation like this. "You're right, that is quite unfortunate... it's been fun talking to you, Uzumaki Kaen!" the man said to my surprise. "W-Woah there, do you not have some kind of special Ryujin power to heal me!?" I asked with a panic. "See, you don't want to go without truly helping out, do you? It hurts your pride as a warrior to go out in such a shameful way, in a failed attempt, in a way unworthy of your name, right!?" he unexpectedly shouted to my face.

"Your right..." I gave a response dissatisfying of his taste. "SAY IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT!" he let out his loudest shout yet. "Your right! I didn't want to end it like that!" I gave an answer that put a smile on that fierce face of his. "Good! Great answer! Now onto the last part of the explanation, the transformation and with that I will ask the question that would either lead to me waiting for another candidate for generations to come or fulfil my long desired wish. The transformation is a delicate process that rebuilds your current chakra system to one fit for making the special senjutsu chakra. For generations I've been manifested in those who would try to get both Toad and Snake Sage Mode in order to be more powerful or be unique. Those who are able to master either of the Sage Modes are already rare enough so only once every few generations would I get one who sought both. I bestow the transformation on them but only a select few made it past the first week. Those who did always had this special, unique and strong chakra attached to them... it made them stronger than normal humans but even they died before the transformation made its end mark and even now, you're one kick away from dying" he made that last part sound like something good.

Asura and Indra reincarnations, even they didn't make it through this transformation... but the First Ryujin did...? "You're the second one to make it to this point and surprisingly in a short amount of time, for a reason. The transformation speed depends on the chakra it receives, in your case it got your own strong and vast chakra, the chakra from an unlimited source and the chakra from a Biju... greatly speeding up the transformation" he ended with a serious face, it was time for the question. "Uzumaki Kaen, the transformation being complete... will you... allow yourself to be named the Twenty Seventh Ryujin!?" he asked while once again shouting, impatiently waiting my answer.

"Your mom's crazy old man!" Hanma commented on Hamura's explanation of Kaguya. "It's time, it seems my brother is already aware of my presence within you too. I guess I should give you this now... my reason for picking you apart from the other two exceptional Hyuga is because you're the one most likely to make the best use of it" Hamura said something that utterly confused Hanma yet again. "Give me... what exactly, old guy?" Hanma asked Hamura. "My chakra... and with that chakra you may awaken... Tenseigan!" Hamura's words shocked Hanma. "The Tenseigan... that sounds so cool! What is that anyway?" Hanma's words made Hamura yet again rethink his decision.

A/N: Thanks for 4.9k!!!