Chapter TwentyNine

I had only slept until 3am and after that I was awake every hour. I can only thank the orgasm Hex had given me earlier for getting any sleep at all.

Mum, Harley and Josie had showed up at our apartment early. Hex and I had to scramble for clothes before they burst into the bedroom and promptly kicked Hex out.

"See you at the aisle, baby" Hex had whispered into my ear as his arm wrapped around my waist.

"Wait until after the wedding you two" Josie exclaims as I smile up at Hex, his eyes not leaving mine even though his face is stoic.

"Yeah, keep it in your pants and leave Hex" Harley chimes in.

"See you" I say and stand on my tippy toes to press a kiss to his lips. I pull back and drag my hands down his chest, his hard muscle felt beneath his shirt.

I have to push him out the door when I pull back and see the darkening of his eyes. I close and lock the door behind him and watch him get into his car from the window. He waves with a sly smirk on his face before driving away.

Next time I see him, he'll be my husband.

The thought makes my heart flutter and I want to lean on the wall like a Disney princess but I don't, Harley would never let me live it down.

"Good luck to Clyde" Harley mumbles. Hex was to go to Clyde's house until the wedding.

I had been so caught up in watching Hex leave that I didn't notice Josie leaving the lounge room until she reentered carrying four shot glasses.

"Alright!" She says loudly, grabbing everyone's attention. "Since Poppy didn't get a bachelorette party, we'll combine it with today!" She cheers, Harley joining in as Josie raises the glasses into the air.

She hands me one, some of the liquid splashing onto my hand from her fast movements. Harley doesn't hesitate to swallow hers, making her eyes water. Mum looks at me hesitantly, she's never been a big drinker.

"Josie, it's 8am" I laugh.

"Time is a social construct Poppy! It's your wedding day!" She raises her hand in the air again as a cheer. "Besides" she says quieter "I haven't had a drink since I got pregnant" everyone laughs "to Hex and Poppy!" She cheers again, raising her shot glass and then bringing it to her mouth.

I make eye contact with mum, she is watching me, waiting to see if I'll drink it. I shrug and bring the shot glass to my lips, scrunching my eyes together at the sting.

When I open my eyes I see mum bringing the glass down from her lips, her face similar to mine.

Even Harley brings her empty glass to her mouth and pretends to drink again.

The next three hours had been a blur of make up artist, hair stylist and music playing in the background, along with the soft mumbles of voices humming to the lyrics.

It wasn't until mum helped me into my wedding dress that I tune back in as I run my hands down the soft material. I always forget how perfect this dress is until I put it on each time.

I can't help but think about if Hex would like the dress but then I hear his words ring through my head. You could wear a trash bag and I'd still marry you.

"This dress really is gorgeous, Poppy" mum exclaims as she ties the corset up in the back, stealing my breath for a moment. She wears a floor length light blue dress, the same one Harley and Josie are wearing as bridemaids.

"Hex will love it" I say confidently with a smile.

"There's no way he won't" Josie chimes in "I mean; he thought you looked good in Hellbound's uniform and that thing was atrocious" she continues.