the8 - paper airplane

word count : 453

-

the bell rang, indicating the start of lunch.

shit...

you heavily sighed while most of your class left to go get lunch. you took out another notebook from your backpack and immediately turned to the last page you had studied this morning. you started studying for your exam that was going to be given right after lunch ended.

you mumbled key points of some lectures that you had taken notes on while sitting in your classroom during your lunch break.

"look at l/n being all studious over there," you heard one of your classmates, chan, speak.

"shut up, lee," you said to him and continued repeating things that you were forgetting. you put your headphones on and started playing music since people were talking and to eliminate distractions.

you continued talking to yourself as you studied, despite the music playing in your ears.

you heard your phone make a ding, indicating that you received a text message. you quickly looked at your phone and saw a text from your boyfriend.

11:33

minghao

[ minghao ]
hungry?

[ y/n ]
not really :/

studying for my exam

[ minghao ]
good luck !

don't study too hard.
you'll do fine.

[ y/n ]
thank you ^^

you put your phone down and continued studying.

a few minutes later and your ears started to bother you from your ear buds. you took the ear buds out and took a small break.

all of a sudden, you heard one of the doors being opened to the classroom and saw your boyfriend in the doorway. he threw something and a paper airplane came at you but descended to the floor beside you.

"what the hell?" you spoke and minghao just laughed as he walked into the room. "what is this?" you asked, picking up the paper airplane.

"open it," he instructed you as he sat on top of the desk next to you.

you unfolded the paper airplane and found a hand written message in it.

-

good luck on your exam. you're doing to do great!

i'll treat you to ice cream after school today. i love you.

xoxo
minghao

-

"i should've just erased the "xoxo" part..." minghao muttered.

you laughed, "i think it's cute. thank you."

"i'll leave you alone now, since lunch is gonna end soon," he said and got off of the desk. he leaned in and kissed your forehead. "good luck."

"thank you," you said again. minghao kissed your forehead again.

"ughhh....hyung! stop being like that!" you heard chan yell from across the room.

you stuck your tongue out at your classmate and quickly hugged minghao. he chuckled while hugging you back.

"i'll see you later, sweetheart," he said.

"okay," you smiled at him before he left your classroom.