vernon - flight

word count : 939

-

"there's a creep in 3a," one of your coworkers sighed as she started making drinks for her section.

"do you want one of us to handle your section?" another coworker asked her.

"it's okay. just be careful if he calls you over," the girl replied as she opened a soda can, "he always flies on our airline."

"am i late to the party?"

you peeked over and saw another coworker, vernon, walking into the area. he closed the curtain behind him and placed a notepad down on the counter behind you.

"ah, yes. you're late to the scheduled "making drinks for our patrons" party," one of the girls said to you.

you looked back at the drinks in front of you and poured one cup. as you grabbed a different drink, you felt someone behind you. you peeked over and saw vernon reaching for a tray that was in front of you.

"sorry," he apologized.

"no problem," you replied. "hey, can someone make me something? i'm getting hungry," you asked as you lifted the tray off of the counter.

"oh, i'll do it," one of your coworkers said to you. "you and vernon take a break after you're done," she said to the two of you.

"sounds good to me," vernon replied.

the curtain opened and another flight attendant stepped in. you stepped out with the tray in your hands and your coworker closed the curtain for you.

you walked through the cabin and brought the drinks to the passengers. you made sure your passengers didn't need anything else before returning to the curtained off area and putting the tray back in a cabinet.

"20b is being a bit irritating," one of your coworkers mentioned with a huff. he leaned back against some cabinets while crossing his arms. "already asked for more drinks and food. food service doesn't even start for another hour," he said.

"hopefully there won't be more annoying people around," your coworker who was heating up your food said while standing at one of the countertops.

a call bell went off and you stood up straight again from leaning against the counter.

"i got it, i got it," one of the other girls said before walking out of the area. you leaned back against the counter just as your coworker slid a tray of food to you.

"eat up," she said to you with a smile.

"thanks," you replied to her. you picked the tray up and sat down in a chair, buckling yourself just in case. you started eating food and became happy with food in your system.

"thanks for the food." you looked up and saw vernon walking to you and sitting down next to you. "hey," he greeted.

"hi," you replied. he started eating his food and leaned back against the seat. "did you sleep okay?" you asked him. this was an overnight flight, and your team had the morning shift.

he nodded, "yea, i only woke up once because of the turbulence, but it was fine," he told you. "did you?"

you nodded, "mhm."

"so, what's new with you?" he asked while picking up some food with his fork.

"nothing much. i had fun sight seeing in singapore though," you mentioned. "you do anything fun while we were there?" you asked him.

he nodded, "yea, i was with most of the crew," he mentioned. "you saw the photos in the group chat, right?" he asked.

you smiled and laughed, "yea, i did. it looked like fun."

"you missed out," he said to you. "you should join us next time," he said to you.

"our next fight is to japan, right?" you asked, "i really want to explore japan this time," you mentioned.

"ooh, that sounds like fun. i don't think i've explored japan that much either," vernon replied to you.

"i have a list of places i want to visit. i'll send it to you later," you said to him.

"oh cool. thank you," he replied, smiling at you.

the two of you continued small talk until you were done eating. you started preparing for food service, heating up meals and making sure which passengers had which meals since a few passengers had requested different meals.

"you got it?" you asked vernon as he picked up a tray.

"yep, i'll be right back," he said to you before leaving.

"y/n, can you hand me that?" one of your coworkers pointed to a container in front of you.

"yup." you grabbed the container and handed it to him.

"thanks."

as the service continued, you brought out a few meals to passengers before going back to where your coworkers were.

"you know what sounds nice?" one of your coworkers asked.

"what?" another asked.

"ramen," she replied. "anyone want some?"

"i'll share with you."

"ramen? right now?"

"hey, i'm hungry. leave me alone."

you smiled, "ramen does sound nice," you said to your coworker.

"see? y/n agrees too!"

"hey, i'll take some too," vernon spoke up, returning after bringing a passenger an extra drink.

"well, hurry up. we need to grab the dishes from the passengers soon."

while one of your coworkers started heating up water, you stand next to vernon. vernon leaned back against the counter with you.

"you know what sounds good too?" vernon asked you.

"what?" you replied.

"spicy rice cakes," he said. "i think i'm going to buy some when we land."

"that sounds really good," you said to him. "care for a companion?" you asked him.

"huh?"

"let's go together. i want some too," you said to him, smiling at him.

he smiled back, "alright. after we land."