hoshi - late night

word count : 571

-

you were currently sitting on a bean bag that was in the living room with a book in your hands. although you should've been sleeping, you were too engrossed in a book that you had bought months prior and finally got a chance to read.

just as you were around to turn the page, you heard the front door unlock and open.

"honey, i'm home!" a familiar voice spoke. hoshi appeared and closed and locked the door behind him.

with a giggle, you got up from the bean bag, leaving your book on a small table. you went up to hoshi, who had taken his shoes off and his bag.

"how was practice?" you asked, noticing how wrinkled his clothes were. "why didn't you wear your hoodie home? it's cold out," you lightly scolded him with your question.

"i was too hot from practice," he replied and leaned in to kiss you. "shouldn't you be in bed?" he asked.

"i was reading," you replied and both of you smiled. "did you eat?"

hoshi nodded, "mhm. i'm going to hop into the shower."

he went straight to the bathroom while you returned to the bean bag. you opened your book and started reading again.

however, after a bit, hoshi called for you, "babe!" he exclaimed, his voice muffled from him being in the bathroom.

you looked up from your book and put it down before getting up.

"yes?" you spoke, hoping you were loud enough. you made it to the bathroom and peeked your head inside, "what?" you asked.

soonyoung peeked his head out of the shower, "where's the shampoo you use?" he asked.

"oh, i used it up the last time i washed my hair," you mentioned and walked into the bathroom. "i knew i forgot to do something," you spoke to yourself and opened the cabinet underneath and grabbed the extra bottle of the shampoo you used. you closed the cabinet and handed it to your boyfriend. "how was your day besides practice?" you asked him.

"good, me and dokyeom hung out before we went to the company building," he mentioned and started explaining the rest of his day while showering.

you sat on the counter while listening, rearranging the items that were next to the sink. but while listening, you stopped when soonyoung mentioned something.

"what do you mean you and dokyeom stole a construction sign?"

the shower turned off and hoshi reached out to grab a towel that was hanging on the rack.

he wrapped himself up and stepped out of the shower. you had your eyebrow raised as you looked at him.

"you know the signs that tell you that construction is ahead? one of those! it was just on the floor, and there wasn't any construction nearby, so who was use it?" he replied with a grin.

"you're ridiculous. and don't say—"

"ridiculously in love with you!"

you groaned and shook your head while hoshi walked over to stand in front of you, putting his hands on your hips.

"love you."

"so where's the sign?" you asked.

"you're supposed to say you love me back!" he whined, droplets of water from his hair falling onto him.

with a slight grin, you kissed him, "love you." he smiled back at you with a laugh, "so where's the sign?" you repeated your question.

"in the car," he laughed as he replied, "should we hang it on the wall?"