s.coups - arcade

word count : 505

-

"yes! babe, i did it!" you cheered as you bent down to grab a plushie that you had grabbed from the claw machine. "oh my god, it's so cute," you said and went to your boyfriend, who was at a claw machine with different prizes in it.

"dang it," s.coups sighed. "how are you so good at these?" he asked you while pouting.

you shrugged, "it's just luck. you know that. the last time we came here, we had so many plushies because of you," you said to him. "my niece will love this one, don't you think?" you asked him as you put the plushie you won in his hand.

"yea, she will," he smiled. "i'm gonna try this machine a few more times," he mentioned. you nodded your head and took the plushie back from him before putting it in your tote bag.

you let seungcheol keep trying to win a plushie and went to another claw machine. however, it seemed like your luck ran out as you were unable to get a plushie after ten minutes of trying.

you glanced over to see your boyfriend, who was still at the same machine. a little girl was next to him, watching the claw move back and forth in attempt to grab a prize. you smiled at the sight and decided to keep trying to win a prize at the claw machine you were at.

dang it.

you sighed as you lost again. you watched the claw move on it's own and turned around to see your boyfriend still at the same claw machine. the little girl was also still watching him try to win a plushie.

you started walking over but right as you got there, the claw grabbed onto a prize and held onto it before dropping it in the prize area.

"yes!" seungcheol threw his hands in the air, "finally!"

"you did it! you did it!" the little girl cheered as s.coups crouched down to grab the prize from the bottom of the machine.

"good job," you spoke while a smile. s.coups looked up at smiled at you with the cute plushie in his hand.

then, he looked at the little girl, "would you like this one?" he asked her, holding out the plushie to her.

the little girl gasped, "really?" she asked. seungcheol nodded and gave the plushie to her. "thank you very much!" she said to him while hugging the plushie. "mommy!" she yelled and ran off.

you giggled as your boyfriend stood back up. "that was sweet of you," you said to him.

"she was watching me for awhile, and i think she would've enjoyed it more than me," he said. "done playing?" he asked you.

"well, i wanted us to get plushies together, but we can always come here another time," you replied and took the plushie in your tote bag out to hold it.

"give me five dollars, and i'll get us two more."

"you already lost thirty dollars. is that really a good idea, seungcheol?"