mingyu - after school

word count : 558

-

"this is so annoying," your friend mumbled as they closed their locker. "these exams are so hard!" she said while facing towards you.

"you can come to cram school with me," you offered to her while putting one of your textbooks away.

"maybe tomorrow. i have practice for tennis in a bit," she said. "i'll see you tomorrow."

"bye, drive safe," you said to her as she walked away. you checked your backpack to make sure you had everything with you. you closed your locker and put your backpack on. then, you walked down the hall and headed to the entrance of the school. you walked out of the doors and saw people lingering around still despite school already over.

"hey l/n!"

you walked down the short staircase in front of your school even after someone called your name.

"ooh, he just ignored her."

"oh that's hilarious."

you heard people laugh before feeling someone grab your backpack, preventing you from walking forward.

"need something?" you asked, turning around to see an underclassman standing across of you.

"how about some of your time?" the guy said to you.

you rolled your eyes at him and huffed out, "really?"

"damn, his game ain't up anymore," someone spoke from behind.

the guy grabbed your jacket, clearly agitated, "what'd you say?"

"i don't think you keep up anymore," you replied and peeked your head to look at everyone else behind the guy, "none of you keep up actually. it's funny."

"what the hell are you doing?"

you turned your head back and saw mingyu getting out of his car. he walked up, eyeing the guy in front of you.

"don't make me ask twice," mingyu said to him. the guy let go of you and took a step back. mingyu put his arm over your shoulders and looked down at you. "are they bothering you?" he asked you.

you shook your head, "no, i was just telling them that they don't keep up with the current news," you answered before looking at the guy. "you really need to keep up with the upperclassmen. we're a lot different and not as stupid as you," you said to him.

"senior has a girlfriend? since when?"

"should we run?"

"go in the car," mingyu said to you while putting his arm down. you nodded and turned around. you walked to his car and got into the back seat.

"hey wonwoo," you greeted your friend, who was in the driver's seat.

"yo."

"what's going on out there?" vernon asked, looking up from his phone to speak to you.

"sophomores being annoying," you mentioned while taking your backpack off. you looked through the window and saw some of the sophomores running away while mingyu confronted the guy who was trying to talk to you. "mingyu's being scary again. i think he's taking after coups," you said with a chuckle.

"well if s.coups was here, then it'd be over already," wonwoo said.

the front passenger door opened and mingyu got into the car.

"hi babe," you greeted him.

"hey, baby," mingyu greeted. "you guys hungry?" he asked all of you.

"let's just get a snack. i need to study," wonwoo said and started driving.

"how'd those kids take it?" vernon asked mingyu.

mingyu looked back with a sly grin, "it'll be fun messing with them for awhile."