seventeen - competition

word count : 2,667

-

you were taking a break from training and sat on one of the couches in the living room. with your phone in hand, you were scrolling through social media and saw some posts about other e-sports teams appear on your screen; most of them announcing which teams were going to appear at a competition scheduled for next week in tokyo.

"oh my god! y/n! did you hear?" dino frantically exclaimed. you looked over and saw him make a dash towards you from his desk. "look at this!" he instructed while shoving his phone screen into your view.

you grabbed his phone and looked at what he had on his screen: an online article with the title "#1 in south korea, team fts, announces their participation in the summer sundown festival happening in tokyo, japan next week as a last minute entry."

you sighed, "i'm gonna kill him," you immediately said, staring at dino's phone screen in disbelief. you started scrolling through the article, reading the most important parts before sending the article to your phone.

"did he not tell you?" dino asked, sinking into the couch cushion next to you.

"no, he didn't," you sighed again. "you wanna tell joshua, or should i?" you asked dino as you handed his phone back to him.

"if you wanna call jeonghan, i can go tell coach," dino replied. you nodded in agreement.

both of you got up from the couch and walked in separate directions. dino headed to your coach, who was with the rest of your team while you went onto the balcony of the house you lived in. you closed the door behind you and called jeonghan.

once he answered, you heard him immediately chuckle, "i was wondering when you were gonna call me. this was sooner than i expected."

"i just saw the article. dino just showed it to me," you replied, "what happened to the competition here?" you asked him, crossing one arm across your torso.

"the organizers are horrible. we're playing against people in the league below us, so it's clearly rigged," he explained before sighing, "it's kind of a mess though. we'll be training longer cause of the teams in tokyo."

"hey, jeonghan hyung, come on."

"i'll be downstairs in a minute. start talking with the others about the new thing," jeonghan said to the person that just called for him. it sounded like the8, but you weren't sure.

"who was that?" you asked.

"oh, it was the8," he confirmed. "hey, call me when you're done. i gotta go," he said to you.

you hummed in response, "i will."

"love you."

"you wish i loved you."

"hey, don't do this—"

you hung up, laughing at what you did before receiving a text message from jeonghan, who was upset. you texted him back before going inside.

"y/n, is it true?" jun asked you as you closed the door behind you.

you nodded, "yea, just confirmed it with him."

mingyu groaned and sat back in his chair, "you have got to be kidding me."

"tonight, you guys need to go through their battles from the last competition," joshua said to everyone else. "we'll need to start planning tomorrow morning. let's just go through what we have right now."

"sounds good," vernon spoke up, putting his headphones on.

you walked to your seat that was next to dino's before loading the game up on your computer screen.