vernon - breakfast

word count : 631

-

"baby, don't run!" you yelled as you followed your daughter, who excitedly ran away when she saw a familiar face.

"uncle!" your daughter yelled as she caught up to seungkwan, who was just about to walk inside the building.

"who's this stranger?" seungkwan playfully asked while picking up your daughter. "hey," he smiled at you.

"hi, seungkwan," you greeted and caught up to them. "baby, you can't just run away like that," you said to your daughter.

"but uncle's here!" she replied and you sighed.

"you guys are here early," seungkwan commented as he held the door open for you.

"vernon forgot his breakfast, figured we bring it to him before i drop her off at my mom's," i reply and walk inside with him following. "how's practice been?" you asked and you three headed to one of their practice rooms.

"pretty good," he mentioned. "y/d/n, are you ready to see your dad and your uncles perform?" he asked your daughter.

"yea!" your daughter replied, "are you going to sing "oh my"?" she asked him.

"you know what? just for you, i'll add it to our setlist," seungkwan said to her.

"yay!" your daughter cheered.

you guys made your way to the practice room and went inside. you saw some of the guys warming up and greeted some of the staff members who were also there.

"huh, who's this little girl?" jeonghan asked. you could tell he was a bit tired but was super happy to see your daughter along with the rest of the guys.

"it's me!" your daughter exclaimed as seungkwan put her down, "uncle!" she ran up to jeonghan, who had crouched down to her level, and they hugged.

"what are you doing here?" you heard vernon ask and turned to face him. he walked up to you, and you kissed his cheek.

"you left before i even woke up, figured you would need something to eat at least," you said, holding up the lunchbox with some of the breakfast you had made earlier that morning.

vernon smiled, "thanks," he said and took the lunchbox from you. "are you tired? angel was still awake when i got home last night. i heard you reading to her," he mentioned, calling your daughter by one of the nicknames he has for her.

"i'm okay. y/d/n is full of energy as always," you said and glanced over to see your daughter on top of jun's shoulders. "i'm dropping her off at my parents. i have my doctor's appointment later and other stuff to do," you mentioned.

"oh, that's right. i forgot you were going to the doctor's," vernon replied. "just a checkup, right?" he asked and you nodded in response.

vernon started eating the breakfast you made for him while you sat with him against the mirror. you watched the guys who were present talk and play with your daughter. the rest of the guys arrived and got excited to see your daughter in their practice room.

"okay, angel, you gotta go with mom now," vernon said when he finished eating.

"can't i stay here today?" your daughter asked as she ran up to you two.

"we can watch her while we rehearse," joshua spoke up, "we have plenty of people after all."

you looked at your daughter, who was nonverbally pleading with puppy eyes.

you sighed and looked at s.coups, "is that okay with you?" you asked him.

"i don't mind," he replied. "y/d/n, am i still your favorite uncle?" he asked while crouching down to her level.

you daughter shook her head, "no."

"oof..."

"ow."

and with a sulky s.coups, your husband and his group mates were now taking care of her while you left to attend your appointment and do other errands.