dk - hair salon

word count : 614

-

"y/n! your favorite person is here!"

you looked up when you heard your name being called. you put your phone down and got up from the chair you were sitting on to head to the entrance of the store. as you walked, you saw your friend waiting for you by the front doors.

"seokmin!" you smiled and went up to hug him.

he smiled and hugged you back, "nice to see you again," he said to you.

"ready to dye your hair?" you asked when you stopped hugging.

"kind of need to," he said while running his hand through his hair, "my roots are horrible and i need a trim." you looked at his hair and easily noticed the natural black color coming from his hair.

"okay, let's get you seated," you said to him and brought him over to your seat. "do you know what color you want?" you asked while getting some supplies ready and putting the cape around him.

"i don't have any major schedules, and the company is okay if i choose something different..." he started, "want to choose for me?" he asked you, looking at your through the mirror in front of both of you.

"me?"

"you."

"me?"

"can you not understand me?" he asked.

"i'm just surprised that you're letting me choose. it's your hair after all," you replied to him. you thought for a few seconds, "okay, i know what color i want to do. are you sure you're okay if i choose the color?" you asked him.

"promise! if anything, you can always dye it again another day," he said before laughing.

you smiled, "alright, you got it, but we're gonna make this whole thing a surprise," you said to him and grabbed another cape to cover your mirror. then, you looked at him, "and don't hate me, but we're bleaching your hair."

-

after a few hours of bleaching and dyeing seokmin's hair. you finally did the final wash and brought him back to your vanity. you trimmed his hair before letting his hair dry under a dryer.

"want a snack?" you asked as his hair dried. you stood in front of him and held a bag of chips open.

"sure," he replied and you held the bag to him. seokmin grabbed a few chips and ate them while you two waited. "what color did you dye it?" he asked.

"hey, i told you it's a surprise," you replied. "you look great with it," you complimented him, "bet even your fans will like it."

he laughed, "i'm just impatient right now. i'm glad you're good at your job, or else i wouldn't be here."

you grinned, "if i was bad at my job, then i wouldn't be here either." the timer suddenly went off for the salon dryer and the machine turned off. "perfect timing."

you moved the machine out of the way and fixed seokmin's hair some more before deciding that you were done.

"ready?" you asked seokmin.

"i've been ready for like the last four hours."

"oh hush," you said and moved the curtain out of the way to show the mirror. you watched seokmin's face light up as he looked at his new hair.

"we're matching!" he exclaimed, talking about the color of your hair and his. "y/n! this is so cool!" he said, standing up with the cape still wrapped around him. then, seokmin hugged you tight, "you're the best!"

you laughed, "you're so cute," you said to him and hugged him back.

"we need to take photos together, come on!" he said and hurried to a backdrop that was set up in the salon.

"take the cape off first!"