hoshi - gym class

word count : 514

-

"god, it's so hot out here," one of your classmates complained as the door you walked out of closed behind you. the rush of hot air had made all of you instantly miserable.

you and your classmates were heading outside for gym class. your teacher instructed you to walk or run the track while they did some things (which meant they were probably flirting with the officer workers).

"how are any of them running?" one of your friends asked as some of the guys in your class started running the second they got onto the track. some of them started racing each other.

"who knows," someone else spoke while fanning themselves with their hand. "y/n, where's soonyoung?" they asked.

"soonyoung? is he not running?" you questioned and looked at the guys in your class who were running. you realized that none of them were your boyfriend and that the hyperactive dance team member was no where on the track. "huh, where'd he go?" you questioned.

"yea, i don't see him," your friend said to you as they looked around. "did he ditch?" they suggested.

"no, he likes gym and coming out here," you replied, "but it is really hot. maybe he decided to hide somewhere."

"i'm gonna get sunburned if we stay out here," one of your friends sighed.

"maybe one of the guys will get overheated while running and we can go in," someone else said while walking with their hands on the back of their head.

"come on, let's go find some shade. the teacher isn't even out here," another classmate suggested to all of you.

you and your classmates continued walking around. however, as you passed by a set of bleachers, you saw something move from behind the bleachers. you walked off of the track and behind the bleachers to find a familiar person underneath the metal stand.

"shouldn't you be running laps like the tiger you are?" you asked soonyoung, who was sitting on an old bench. his gym shirt was already drenched in sweat, as if he just finished working out.

"listen, tigers and heat stroke don't mix well. give me a break," he replied, which made you laugh. "come here, babe. sit down and cool off," he said to you, patting the spot next to him.

you walked over and sat down next to him, leaning your head on his shoulder.

"it's so hot out," you sighed.

"yea, i can't believe they made us come out here," soonyoung replied and started fanning you with his hand. "are you doing anything after school?" he asked.

"hm? why?" you asked back, moving your head to look at him.

"let's go get ice cream at the convenience store before cram school," he suggested with a smile. you smiled back and nodded your head in agreement. "do you think we can stay here the whole time?"

"someone's probably caught on by now," you replied, "we should probably leave soon."

he sighed, "i guess you're right...but let's just give it five more minutes," he said and wrapped his arm around you.