mingyu - confession

word count : 404

-

it was another week of school and you walked up to your locker. you unlocked and opened your locker so you could put some of your textbooks away, but you noticed a letter leaning against one of your textbooks that was already in your locker.

what is this?

you put the textbooks that you were holding into your locker before taking the envelope into your hand. you opened the envelope and took out a folded up piece of paper. you unfolded the piece of paper and saw three words written nicely on that piece of paper.

-

i love you.

-

you raised an eyebrow in confusion, but then a lightbulb went off in your head. you recognized the handwriting and put the letter and envelope in your locker.

you took your phone out from your pocket and immediately called your boyfriend.

"hello?" mingyu spoke when he answered.

"did you put a letter in my locker?" you immediately asked him.

"a letter?" he pondered, "oh! that! yea, i did," he mentioned and started laughing. "i shoved that in your locker on friday after you left school," he admitted.

"why?" you asked, laughing a bit.

"what? am i not allowed to confess my love for you?" he asked.

"mingyu, we've been dating for almost two years. i think i know how much i love you," you replied. "why did you write a letter?" you asked again.

he didn't speak for a second and you waited for his anticipated answer.

"you always write letters to me. my birthday, last day before break, first day after break, christmas, some random holiday. you write so many letters for literally any occasion there is," mingyu answered, mentioning your hobby of writing letters. "i wanted to do the same, but i didn't know what to write and i was running out of time friday morning when i wrote it. therefore, i wrote what i love saying to you," he admitted.

"...you're too sweet," you said while smiling.

"well, then you're sweeter," he said and you could sense him smiling. "can you turn around so i can kiss you?" he asked.

you turned around and saw mingyu walking down the hallway towards you with a small bouquet of your favorite flowers in one hand. he held his phone to his ear with the other but put it down when he was in front of you.

"i love you."

"i love you, too, mingyu."