dk - couch talks

word count : 504

-

"don't you agree?" dokyeom asked as he had just finished rambling about something that happened earlier at his job today.

you thread your fingers through his hair as he sat on the floor in front of you. your legs were over his shoulders, and he had a glass of water in his hand.

"yea, you should talk to your supervisor when you go into the office tomorrow," you replied to him as he took a sip of his water. "i'm sorry that happened."

"it's okay, life is life," he said to you and placed the glass on the table. "how was your day?" he asked you, "i feel like i've been talking the whole time."

"it was good, closed on that house in the new subdivision," you specified, "you know the house we were looking at? the one that was already sold but it's super cute?"

dokyeom hummed, "mhm."

"they're adding more into that subdivision than expected, but it'll be farther away from the rest and have a bit more land, and they're gonna build another house that will look pretty similar to the other one," you added, "we should go talk a walk in the neighborhood."

"you want to move, don't you?" he asked.

"it'll be a newer house, and it's about the same price as this one," you mentioned, "i think we should."

your husband looked up at you, "how about we take a look at it first? we can take a look friday morning since i'm off friday," he suggested and you nodded in agreement.

as you continued playing with his hair, he picked up a his glass and drank the rest of his water.

"you should grow out your hair," you suggested. "i wanna be able to tie your hair like mine," you said, gently pulling back some of his hair before releasing it.

"i was thinking about getting it cut," dokyeom mentioned.

"well, that's your choice," you replied. "are you tired?" you asked him.

"i'm okay. do you want to go to bed?" he asked.

"i wanna keep talking," you answered, "but i don't know what to talk about."

"how was the rest of your day? you didn't tell me," he said, looking up at you with a smile.

"well, i already told you about work. but afterwards, i went grocery shopping," you explained and started playing with dokyeom's hair again. "oh, i picked up new flowers on my way home too. did you see them?" you asked him.

he nodded, "yea, they're cute," he commented. "what'd you do next?"

"mm...went home. cleaned up, and then you came home while i was cooking dinner," you ended your short synopsis. "was dinner okay tonight? i wasn't too sure about the sauce i made." you asked him, leaning forward a bit to look at your husband.

he smiled, "of course dinner was great. i love your cooking."

you leaned in and kissed him, "you're too sweet," you said to him, "i love you, seokmin."

"i love you too, y/n."