vernon - nap

word count : 516

-

you and vernon were on vacation together and had just arrived to the house you were staying in. the backyard had direct access to a beach and there was a town nearby that had many things for you two to do. perfect for both of you to just get away and be tourists for the first time in awhile.

"vernon, do you want to go ahead and have an early dinner? i'm kind of hungry now," you asked your boyfriend as you walked outside through the back doors. "vernon?" you called out. you noticed the top of his head peeking out from a hammock that had already been set up.

you walked to the hammock and found vernon sleeping in the hammock. you had gotten to the house thirty minutes prior, and he was already asleep.

"this is what you call "checking out the backyard"? napping?" you spoke even though he was sleeping. "vernon? are you hungry?" you asked, lighting tapping his chest.

he stirred, "how about we just take a nap instead?" he asked you. "we got time."

"i told you that we should've waited a day before leaving," you scolded him. he had just gotten back from traveling overseas when you left for the airport that morning. "go back to sleep. i'll go buy food for us."

vernon opened his eyes and grabbed your arm. "stay here. let's just take a little break," he said to you. "we're here for a week, so we have plenty of time on our hands."

you grinned, "move over."

"just lay on top of me, it's fine," vernon said to you. you slipped your sandals off and joined vernon in the hammock. you managed to lay next to him instead of on top of him since the hammock was big enough. "comfy?" he asked once you were settled.

"as comfortable as i can be," you replied. "i told you that we should've waited a day before coming here," you repeated to him.

"i wanted to get away, even if i was tired," he mentioned. "i really just wanted to be with you."

you turned and laughed into him, "so sweet."

"only for you," he replied and moved one of his arms so that it was resting behind his head.

"you're actually a really nice person, vernon," you pointed out, "and not just towards me, to everyone else."

you felt his chest go up and down from him chuckling. "well, i try to be the sweetest to you and my family. the guys are just...them," he responded after no longer chuckling, "but thank you for saying that."

"so...how about we leave in fifteen minutes?"

"y/n, we literally have so much time. did you not listen to me?"

"but adventure."

"but napping."

you rolled your eyes, "dinner's on me," you said to him.

"give me twenty minutes."

"really? it took food being covered by me for you to agree?" you asked him.

vernon laughed, "what can i say? i can't use woozi's black card right now."

"you're so glad that i love you."

"love you too, babe."