hoshi - video game

word count : 319

-

"why am i going so fast? i can't control this! why am i turning like that?" hoshi yelled while you two played mario kart in the living room of your apartment. "y/n, help. HELP!"

"don't scream, my neighbors are gonna hate me even more," you scolded him as you finished the race, earning first place for yourself.

you put your controller down and grabbed your boyfriend's controller, helping him win the race even though he earned a measly eighth place.

"man...this game is hard," he pouted as he took his controller from you.

you kissed his cheek, "you'll get better at it," you said to him. "oh, i got a new game, want to play it?" you asked him.

"is it easy?" hoshi asked.

"you'll be fine," you reassured him as you closed mario kart. you loaded up the new game you had bought the night before and the title screen popped up. you started playing the game with hoshi, but hoshi kept getting confused on the controls.

"it isn't working!" he whined and his character died. "pressing the buttons didn't work. y/n, help me."

"one second," you said while playing the game. all of a sudden, your character died and the screen said "game over" in bold letters. "huh, this game is hard," you commented.

you sat back in the couch and looked at hoshi, who was looking at you.

"you suck at this. we were still on the first level."

"you weren't any better," you said to him. "want to just call it quits and order dinner?" you asked him.

"put mario kart back on. i want to play it some more," he requested. you nodded and put the racing game back on.

hoshi started playing the game again on the easiest setting. he started a race and became very determined to win.

"come on toad. go! there you go!"

"babe, you're yoshi, remember?"