dk - karaoke

word count : 605

-

you covered your ears up in agony when you heard someone screech out notes as they sang. you rolled your eyes and headed back to the front desk after helping someone with the machine in their room.

"why did i decide to work?" you mumbled out loud as you went back to your spot behind the desk.

you cleaned up the counter a bit while checking to see if anyone booked any rooms for the night via the store's website. while looking, the front door opened, causing a freezing cold breeze to zip inside.

"welcome in," you spoke, trying to ignore the coldness of the outside.

"it's so cold."

"come on."

"close the door behind you."

you looked up and saw a group of guys. some of them you recognized from school, but you weren't friends with them. a few of them went up to the counter to look at the offers that your store had.

"do you have a reservation?" you asked them.

"uh, no, but do you have one of the big rooms open?" one of the guys asked you.

"i'm pretty sure we do, but let me double check," you replied and looked down at the tablet in front of you. you checked the availability and saw that one of the bigger sized rooms was open. "yup! we have a room open!" you said, looking back up with a smile.

"we'll take it for three hours," a guy said, handing you a credit card.

"hyung, you're paying?" one of the guys asked.

"just pay me back later," the one paying said to his friend.

the guy paid and you gestured them to go down to the end of the hallway, where the room would be. all of them walked away and the night continued on.

-

while getting bored at the desk and organizing random papers, you started singing a song that you could hear playing from a nearby room.

"i love you, 'cause—"

"excuse me?"

you jumped around when you heard someone speak. standing at the desk was one of the guys who came in with the big group, but you didn't know this one.

"do you need something?" you asked him.

"oh, one of the microphones isn't turning on? there weren't anymore batteries in the room," he said, putting the item in question on the countertop.

"oh, sorry about that," you replied and grabbed a pack of batteries that was in a tray. you opened the pack and replaced the batteries in the microphone. "there you go. sorry about that again."

the guy smiled at you, "it's all good. thank you," he said, taking the microphone from you. you placed the open pack of batteries back down in the tray. "hey, uh, you're a great singer," he said to you.

"oh, thanks," you smiled back, looking down in shyness. "do you sing?" you asked him.

he nodded, "yea, so if you ever need a singing partner, i'm your guy," he said to you with a laugh, making you laugh in response. "my name is seokmin," he introduced himself.

"y/n."

"wanna come join us?" he asked.

"as much as i would love to, i'm on the clock," you said to him, "but i am free thursday night," you mentioned with a smile.

"meet here at 6:30?" he asked.

"sure."

"perfe—"

"seokmin, hurry up! i wanna sing!"

"i'm coming, i'm coming!" seokmin replied and looked back at you. "see ya," he smiled and started jogging back to the room him and his friends are in, and as he hurried back, you looked at him with a smile.

man, he's really cute.