Chapter 1: So it begins

Hi, my name is Aria I am 18 in high school, I live with my abusive dad. Well now that you know who I am, let's begin this shit

I woke up by my dad slamming open my bedroom door open drunk as can be. Yay-note sarcasm. "Get the fuck up sllutt." He slurred his words while walking coming closer.

"One second" why I said that? I don't know, it was a simple mistake that i will probably pay for.

He grabbed my leg and slid me on the hard concrete floor. "Keep talking go ahead! I fucking dare you bitch!" He yelled while kicking my ribs with his hard boots.

After another five kicks he left my room while slamming the door. Now I have to get ready for work, I wish I could leave but I'm broke, and I'm still in high school.

Once I got to the café I walked in and smelled the bitterness of fresh coffee grounds mixed with the soft sound of piano music. I looked around the small cozy cafe to see a few people eat or drinking something. I went behind the counter to get some fresh coffee and food ready for the display.

No one really talks to me here which is totally okay with me. I like it that way, no one gets close enough to hurt me and no one knows about me which is for the best.

Time skip🦋

After about five hours of cleaning, serving, and getting coffee spilled on me I was finally closing up when I heard the front door bell ring. Well fuck me sideways!

I went to the front and saw a man around 24 ish, 6'5 or taller, dark hair, and his eyes...They looked like a deep forest of green trees mixed with a tiny of honey brown.

I cleared my throat and continued to stare at his cold eyes while speaking to him. "What can I get started for you today?" my voice came out soft, trying to be kind even though I should be home by now.

"Green tea." He spoke in a deep accent, to add he had a deep voice but it was smooth like it a sunny meadow, not raspy but he sounded a bit tired. I'm probably staring.

I realize that I was staring so I cleared my throat trying to snap myself out of my own head. "Hot or cold?" I hate asking that question, it's tea, it's supposed to be hot.

"Well, what do you prefer? Ice down tea or hot refreshing tea? Aria." He spoke with a hard voice while looking down at me with those dark eyes. My name sounded so weird on his tongue it left me confused.

"Hot" I blurted out without thinking or having time to stop the word from falling off my lips. Gosh why Aria, why do you embarrass yourself?! He smirked and shook his head letting his dark hair lightly bounce. "Well then hot it is, love."

Oh my gosh why me?! Why must I gush over a guy who will never see me again, oh well, no harm done, right?

After making the tea I ran into the counter, right on my bruised hip, I bet my lip to hide the whimper of pain. Weak, stupid girl, clumsy slut!

"Did you spill my tea? And are you good?" He asked without an ounce of emotion in his voice.

I nodded, and then shook my head. "Here's your tea, six dollars please." He just nodded and handed me a $20 bill.

"Keep it" he said still watching me as I slowly put the $14 in the tip jar. I know someone will take it, either Jane or the owners.

"When I said keep it, I meant keep it." He said pulling out a $50 bill and handing it out towards me.

"No thanks, have a good night sir." When I said sir he stiffened. What was I supposed to call him, ma'am?

"Aria, take the money, I'm trying to be...nice" he looked so serious but I don't care, I'm stubborn. That's why you get abused! Okay brain, a little harsh!

I did my job and I don't need $50. yes you do. "No. Thank. You." I said while cleaning a table, trying to make him get the hint to just leave and take his money.

"We close in three minutes, do you need anything else?" I asked while still cleaning off the small tables."No, goodnight Aria." He said while walking towards the door.

While I was walking back to the house, I stopped in my tracks seeing the red truck in the driveway indicating that he is back. I walked slowly into the dark house, before I could even leave the doorway I was striked down by a hard punch to my face causing me to tumble down to the floor.

Here we go again.

After he counted the money I made he immediately got mad and started kicking me, seeing as I was short some. "You stupid fucking cunt! You can never do anything right!" He grunted as he started kicking my ribs three more times, earning a crack, well that's going to hurt in the morning.

I gave him all my money but was only $20 short. If you weren't so stubborn and take the hot man's money you wouldn't have broken ribs! Okay, well if I didn't have a dick of a dad I wouldn't be bruised up all the damn time!

I crawled to my dark and cold room after cleaning my open wounds. Once I was done with everything I climbed into the small mattress that's occupying the concrete floor, a tiny baby blanket laid neatly over it.

Good night mama, I love you.

Hey guys sorry this chapter is really short! I promise they will get longer as they go! I hope you guys enjoyed reading see you guys next chapter!🖤- love author word count:1000