Chapter 28: Hugs that can kill

Damions pov🔪

I groaned as I felt myself waking up. As soon as I picked up my head I felt my eyes burn due to lack of sleep. Once my vision cleared up I looked down to see Arias body laying still.

I felt guilty about what I did. I almost lost her because of my job.

I rested my hand on her face being cautious of the tube and wires sticking out of her. I heard the sounds of the machine that is helping her breathe and the heart rate machine.

When I leaned down to kiss her forehead her heart beat went up a bit. I smirked looking down at her. "I make your heart beat faster amore?" I questioned even though I know there will be no answer.

"I have to go clean up. I know you would probably kill me if I looked like shit when you wake up." I kissed her bent down to kiss her forehead again.

As I was walking into the hot shower the hot water ran down my body letting my body relax. I stood there for a minute before grabbing my body wash.

Once I wash done washing out my shampoo I grabbed my conditioner but stopped when I heard a knock at my bathroom door. I quickly rinsed off and grabbed my gun.

I put a towel around my waist and opened the door with my gun in front of me pointing right at Alfonso's head.

"Wow! I come with good news! Put the gun down please.." he asked with wide eyes I threw my gun on my bed and walked to my closet.

I walked out of my closet in grey sweats and a black shirt to see him on her side of the bed. I pulled out a knife and threw it by his hand.

His head shoot up and looked at me with terrified eyes. "Don't sit on her side of the bed." I grumbled as he slightly smirked.

"What did you wa-" he cut me off which made me glare for a second. "She's awake." He said and as soon as his words clicked in my mind I ran for the door.

"I said I'm fine. I just- can you stop touching me?" I heard my angels voice and what she was saying made me bust into the room to see the doctor trying to take her blanket away from her.

"capo...wait I can explain! I must see her wounds." Dr. Hunes tried to explain as i glared at him. I looked at her to see her silently crying. I pushed the doctor out of the room and turned back to her.

I tried to touch her but she flinched. "Darling, it's okay I'm right here." I whispered getting closer. Her eyes were red and dilated, and her nose was red and runny.

"He...he." She couldn't make a sentence so I just thought fuck it and climbed into the bed with her. I held her close to my chest as she cried.

"I'm so sorry...I-I didn't mean...I'm sorry..." I heard what she was trying to say throughout her hiccups. I just pulled her closer to me. And for the first time in years..

I cried...I cried in front of a woman who was not my mother. I cried to the woman I hurt and that I love. I cried with her, and for her.

She tried to look up at me but I just pushed her head back down to my chest. "Damion I can't breathe..." she mumbled into my shirt. I chuckled lightly pulling her head back slightly.

"Don't say sorry ever again. Are you feeling any pain? And I'm sorry darling but we do have to get you checked." When I said the word checked she started to freak out and push me away.