Chapter 18: Ace

Damions pov🔪

Fuck! She's going to be so pissed when she wakes up. I have been up for an hour thinking about what she said last night "some guy named Ace....freaked me out." That guy is going to die, for scaring her.

I know that she will be pissed of me not letting her leave the base today, but I can't let her leave and lose her again. I can't and I won't. I even told all of the security to keep a close eye on everything that moves.

I don't want to seem controlling, but I can't let her be hurt because of my job.

Yesterday I almost slipped up about the mafia, and I thought about it..maybe I should tell her..but not right now.

I felt her shift, indicating that she was soon going to be awake, I just looked down at her, she was cuddled into my chest with her legs and arms wrapped around me. My little koala.

"Mhm Damion, stop, stop they are looking." She mumbled some words in her sleep. I watched in amusement.

"Damion? W-why are you here." I could feel her heart beat increase. Successful scaring me.

"Hey, Aria. Come on get up, it's just a dream." I said lightly shaking her.

"Damion don't let him do this to me..please." She whispered, she sounded so hurt. "Come on baby, it's me. Open your eyes baby." I watched her beautiful grey eyes peel open. There is my girl.

"It's okay baby, your okay." I said pulling her more into my chest. I felt her body tense, and I know she is holding in tears. I pulled her head out of my chest.

"Aria I want you to listen to me. And listen good. Cry as hard and as long as you need to. I will be here, and even though I will hate every second of it. I know it might help you. So, Aria breathe and let it out....I'm here now, you're safe with me."

As soon as I said those last words she just bursted out in sobs, I knew she was holding it in. Her whole body shook while crying. As I just held her holding her head to my chest.

About 30 or so minutes went by and she was still sobbing, but it was a little bit less, more like just whimpers and hiccups. I stayed the whole time rocking her back and forth telling her I proud I am of her and how strong she is.

"Damion..?" She weakly called out.

"What's up baby?" I said pecking her on the lips. She hummed making me just want to kiss her, but I can't. Not till I know she is okay.

"Thank you, for everything. And yesterday I'm sorry I jumped on you like that. We just meet and I was acting like a totally slut and I just don't want to rush into things-." I stopped her rant by putting my finger on her lips.

Her eyes held so much pain and guilt, but she doesn't even have to be guilty at all. If anything I should say I'm sorry. But I know if I do she will try to put the blame all on her, and I don't want that.

"Angelo, calm down. We will go at your pace, because I trust you and I will wait however long you want, because at the end of the day I know you know your body better than anyone. And my thoughts on how you control your body is not my job." I said looking at her with sincerity lacing my voice.

Of course that doesn't mean I don't want her to scream that her body is mine and mine only, but we will get there at her pace.

She looked at me with teary eyes. "Uh-uh! You had your crying time! It's time to smile and get some breakfast!" I said pulling her lips upwards into a smile. "Oh! Gosh there is my beautiful girl!"