Chapter 7: Just friends?

Aria's pov

I woke up to the annoying sound of beeping ringing in my ear. Where the hell am it? Once I thought about it for a second I felt my heart drop. Ryan, Damion, passing out, it all came back to me slowly in bits and pieces.

That feeling like I couldn't breathe was back again. My chest felt tight and my ribs were squeezing from me holding my breath, but I couldn't let go. It was like the air was trapped in my lungs.

I felt a weight on my hand and I started to freak out even more. I tried to open my eyes but the stupid sun was super bright, so my eyes felt like they were on fire. Fuck you sun! All of a sudden the beeping got louder and faster, I felt like someone was pushing my head under water, forcing me to stay under the waves.

"Aria." I heard a distant voice but it sounded like a whisper, so distant almost like it wasn't there. The person had a deep voice and it might be him so there is no way in hell I'm opening my eyes.

"Aria, breathe." The voice came back softer making me almost open my eyes. No Aria it's a trick it's one of Ryan's tricks. My mind was blaring with thoughts, my chest was hurting from lack of oxygen and then suddenly everything stopped.

No more beeping, no more sounds no more voice...am I finally dead? Where is Helen Keller?

The hand that was over mine gave it a squeeze and began to talk in a soothing voice. "Aria, listen to the sound of my voice. It's me Damion, you are in the hospital, you are safe. I need you to breathe for me, just breathe." Damion? What the hell- oh no.Oh fuck. He knows, he saw me.

I felt a warm hand on my face and I leaned into it, feeling a bit safer in the warmth. "Good girl, that's right just breathe. You are doing so well." He praised me and it felt so nice to be praised like I'm doing the right thing.

I slowly peeled my eyes open and let them clear from their foggy state. The finally cleared and I looked around at the white clean walls with the smell of rubbing alcohol and bleach. All of the cords that I assumed were in me or around me, were all on the floor in a small pile. I turned to see that my heart rate mechanic was turned off as well.

I slowly got my breathing back to normal but my chest was still burning from the tightness that was still lurking inside. "You're okay, the doctors want to keep you for one more day but that's up to yo-" I cut him off mid sentence, the memories flew into my mind as I began to blurt out words.

"No! I m-mean I'm fine I can go..home" I'm scared if I stay, he will get back to the house and see I'm not there, and I don't want to make anything worse.

"Aria, you don't have to tell me right now. But if you need to talk about anything just let me know okay?" He asked softly, like he was talking to a baby. His calmness seemed to work my nerves as I began to relax into the soft bed. "Okay" I muttered quietly while looking at the walls waiting to go back to my hell.

"I'm going to get a nurse to get you some new clothes and get these needles and wires out of you, try to rest some more." He took his hand away from the one that was resting on mine and walked towards the door, I silently watched his muscular back walk away.

*Time skip*

While driving back to the house I kept glancing at him, he looks so intimidating without even trying. I turned my gaze to the window and spoke while looking at the trees that waved in the wind. "I appreciate what you did for me." I whispered, only loud enough for him to hear, I felt bad when He called me and I made him see me, especially like that.