Chapter 3: Extra shift

Walking through school with broken ribs is not the funnest thing to do. Derrick tried to hug me but I quickly walked away and slid into a empty classroom. He hurt me, he didn't want love he wanted sex, he wanted only my body, and me being stupid, fell right for it.

School was super long today, and as always super boring. I kept feeling like someone was watching me but I just blew it off as me just being weird and paranoid as always.

As I walked into the café I saw Jane cleaning the front counter while scrubbing at one spot for a little too long. Jane was always super friendly to me, never asked any personal questions but she always made sure that I was at least okay. She kind of reminded me of a friend that acts like a mom, she doesn't look like my mom but she acts almost just like her.

She was also very gorgeous, her dark skin looks so soft and plush, she wore her natural tight curls very well with perfect white teeth, and a wide beautiful nose which was pierced on both sides, her eyes were a light honey color, which always look soft and homey. She looked like a pure angel, and always smelled like coco butter and hair products.

She glanced up and smiled while rounding the counter to walk over to me, a warm smile plastered on her face. "Hey hun, can you please pick up my shift tonight? My boyfriends mother is in town and I have to cook for them." She asked with pleading eyes, and a wide nervous smile.

"Yeah of course get out of here, have fun." As soon as I finished speaking she packed up and as she was walking out of the back door, she turned back and yelled over her shoulder.

"I will bring back fufu! See you soon love!" Now, I have no idea what fufu is but I am willing to try anything she makes.

Time skip🦋

I was closing up the café after working for about six long hours, having to deal with 3 Karen's I was tired, and annoyed, and to top it all off I was in severe pain.

As I was cleaning up the bell rang signaling someone walked in. I swear whoever it is will get my bloody cloth with their order, and also why must people come in five minutes before we're closing?! Get a life people! Or pick a different place to get coffee. I groaned quietly at the thought but continued to walk to the front with a fake smile.

"Well hello, again." I take back what I said..Make it spit and the cloth.

Derrick walked up to the counter with a small smile. "Sorry but we are closed." I said trying to make him get the hint, but this dumb fuc- don't Aria. Derrick. only leaned over the counter and whispered.

"Even for me?" I was going to ask him to leave again but was stopped by a deep and familiar voice making me slightly shiver.

"Excuse me, but the kind woman asked you to leave, so get the fuck out." Damion said glaring at the back of his head, Derrick looked up at him with wide eyes but soon ran out for the door.

But of course life hates me. Before he was all the way out the door he spoke the words that made me cringe in disgust and hurt."I will never give up Baby, i love you." he spoke in that disgustingly sweet weirdo voice he has. Gross.

As I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize that Damion had come in my line of vision until he cleared his throat.

Looking up I saw a glare still on his perfect face as he looked over my head. "Was that a boyfriend?" He asked in slightly strained voice like he didn't want to know the answer. He continued glaring at the sign above my head, as his body remand tense.

"Ex." Once I said that one word his shoulders immediately dropped in his eyes met mine. "Bene" he mumbled, well this is a bit awkward..

"Well I have to leave, so that means you as well, sorry." I was scared he would yell at me but he simply nodded and walked out of the door.

Strange, or maybe I'm just not use to nice people that actually listen to me and do as I say...nah I will stick with strange.

After cleaning up a bit more I finally locked everything up, but I checked everything twice. The last thing I want is for someone to ruin this perfect piece of perfection that I've come to love.

As I was walking out I was stopped by hand on my arm, out of fear and shock I screamed, but my mouth was covered by a warm hand.

"Wait, shit, i'm sorry amore don't scream, are you okay?" Damion spoke in his gruff, but soft voice, I nodded my head and his hand was immediately removed from my mouth.

"Good, sorry for scaring you" he looks guilty but I didn't look entirely sincere.

"It's fine, w-what do you w-want?" I stuttered like the freak I am. I'm still in shock of what he did. And I'm also a little terrified to go home back to him, since it's getting later.

He must of seen how scared I was because he took a step back and spoke quietly. "Take a deep breath, and because I want your number and to maybe take you home only to make sure you are safe. It's late." I took a deep breath, calming down a bit before speaking.

"if I give you my number, and let you take me home. Promise to leave me alone?" That sounds really rude, fuck, stupid aria! Stu-

"Maybe. Now let's get going." My thoughts were cut off by Mr. perfect...wait he said maybe?!

"Promise not to kill me" He asked while looking down at me with a small smirk. Last time I checked I just got into your car! Stranger danger!

"Maybe." I spoke softly not wanting to anger him or something. Maybe he did think I would kill him! Whoops.

Once we made it about halfway back to the house I turned to him and pointed to a random house. "You can stop a few houses down." I didn't give him my exact address for obvious reasons, I don't know him.

He turned to me and almost as a whisper asked the question I was dreading. "Why?" oh you see Mr. kind man, if my 'father' sees you I get beat. And also I don't know you!

As I was thinking of words to say I felt the car stop moving, I decided I would answer with a sweet lie."My dad is a little overprotective." I answered with a light chuckle.

"oh." He said and then did as I asked and stopped a few houses down. Right as I was about to open the door the locks clicked making the doors lock. He chose to drive me all the way here just to kill me?!

"Can I at least get your number before I let you out of the car?" His voice sounded like an angel mixed with a little bit of heaven. Heaven really Aria?! Good god.

"Sure" I whispered while pulling out my phone. He is still a stranger but..I seem to be okay with him a tiny bit.

After giving him my number I made sure he left before heading to my actual "house" I let out a breath of relief when I saw the red truck was nowhere to be seen in the driveway. Thank god.

As I walked through the house I decided to eat, I don't remember the last time I ate something so I decided on something small and quick so I grabbed a cheese stick from the fridge.

After taking a quick shower and getting ready for bed I climbed into my small twin size mattress on the floor and pulled up the tiny blanket over my body.

Just as I was about to fall asleep my phone went off letting me know I had just received a message. I felt my heart race as I looked at my phone, Unknown number.

Unknown number:it's me Damion, just wanna make sure you made it inside okay.

Me: it's me Aria but you knew that. Sorry, yeah I got in safe and thank you for the ride. night.

I fell asleep shortly after that, knowing that I actually might have a new friend.

Tonight might actually be the best night that I've had in a really long time. Even though tomorrow probably won't be the best day at least I have tonight.

Goodnight mama, I love you.

Hey y'all, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter I'm probably gonna upload a little bit more but I'm not sure let me know how you guys like it. I think these few chapters are a little bit cringe but I'm gonna let you guys decide. Also can we just all agree that Derrick need to be ran over by a car? 🤪🖤- Love, author word count:1554