Chapter 31

Pool of blood started to foam over her collapsed body. Hameed ran over to her and grabbed her limp body to his lap. He quickly used his free hand to soothe down her hijab and the strand of her hair that snuck out,his eyes quickly observed her,how her blood was surrounding her deprived him to know where she was shot and there wasn't so much light.

When he saw her pale features he felt like a string inside his heart was ferociously pulled wanting to tear his heart apart.

"Ahh" he heard her faintly groaned in pain and his eyes looked to her face where he saw her eyes slightly opened.

His hand hurriedly went to her face and held her cheeks but before he got to talk to her,her hazel eyes closed themselves back and her body slacked off for good.

"N-no...no..no don't wifey!"

"P-please stay with me". He tapped her cheeks and rapidly shook her body.

"D-don't close your eyes please! Please don't leave me "

"Hameed!" Yasmeen breathlessly called out and ran towards them. Asim together with a handcuffed man came from behind her.

"This is the man that shot her,he's one of Khalid goons."

"Thankfully I stopped him before he shot any of her vitals parts. But he got to shoot the bullet anyway."

Hameed didn't respond to her but dazedly kept looking at the lifeless body of his wife in his arms.

"Hameed hurry up and take her to the hospital. We will take care of the rest." Yasmeen said but again he didn't even raise his head to reply her

"That bleeding needs to stop. She's loosing too much blood." Yasmeen squatted before them and used her fingers to read her pulse.

"As if you are not a doctor,you need to be tough at this situation". She lightly glared at him and withdrew her hand

"Her heart is still beating though it is getting weak. We need to take her to the hospital before it gets worse". Hearing her words he finally raised his head to look at her. His eyes breamed with tears and he shakily asked

"S-she..s..she is not dead right?"

Yasmeen's eyes softened and she nodded her head

"C'mon act like a doctor ,like the doctor you are okay?"

When he was convinced with Yasmeen's words,Hameed left to the hospital with Asim driving them.

||~~

Hameed's and Asma's family already hurried to the hospital when they heard about the incident. They all now stood at the foyer of the hospital praying silently ,waiting for Asma to be taken out of the operation room.

It was after two hours when her body was rolled out of the operation room on a stretcher to a normal room. The doctor that held the surgery couldn't attend and explain to them because he got another emergency surgery.

It was a nurse that started to explain things to them.

"She was shot on her shoulder."

"You don't need to worry she's out of danger,though she lost too much blood but we're able to save her." Ahmad who stood by the side hurriedly asked

"Can we get to see her." The nurse shook her head

"No not now,her body needs to stabilize for at least 15 hours,but after that you can all get to see her."