Chapter 48

Not edited

PRESENT

At the hospital.!
|||~

She sipped some water to soothe her dry throat she cleared away the remnant of tears she shed while retelling her past.

Hameed didn't say anything but slowly kept patting her head. She rested her head on his chest and silence reigned around the room. Not after 20 minutes she fell asleep.

Pilling himself away from her he adjusted her posture and dragged the duvet to her chest. He slowly kissed her forehead.

"My super woman. You've endured much.!"

He walked out of the room leaving his phone to the bedside table.

As he got outside he saw Ahmad's body leaned by the door frame. When he raised his head Hameed saw his bloodshot eyes and tears were streaming down.

'So he heard everything'Hameed sadly thoughts and without a say he pulled Ahmad into a hug.

"It is okay Ahmad. Nameez will pay for what he did to her insha Allah."

"H-hameed I never thought my uncle would be this cruel. I never thought he was the one that tortured her. He killed everyone and almost killed her"

"Don't inform your Maama." Hameed said not wanting Khadijah to worry herself and to know the truth about her husband's death could worsen her heart condition.

He slowly pulled away from the hug and ran his hands through his hair and to his face
"Ya ilahi!this is too much to take."

"Yasmeen said they found his hideout and they're going catching him tonight insha Allah." He patted his shoulder and dragged him away

"C'mon let's go to the Masjid." On their way out the hospital Maryam who just into the hospital parking lot rushed out of her car to them.

"Brother Yasmeen called she needs you and Ahmad at the station now." She informed them and Hameed squinted his eyes with realization.

"Keep eyes on Asma." Maryam nodded her head and he turned to Ahmad with a mischievous smile

"She indeed catch him.! Yalla Ahmad let's go deal with that scumbag."

||~

Inside Asma's room.

The ringtone of Hameed's phone woke her up. She opened her eyes and slowly helped herself up.She reached the phone and when she picked it up she saw two missed calls. One from Yasmeen and the other from an unsaved number. She was readying to keep back the phone when a call came through and again it's from the unsaved number. Her eyes squinted and she picked it up

"Hameed please I am so sorry about earlier I...

"This is his wife speaking." Asma lazily said because her ninth sense already guessed who called. And Amira who got to know that this is Hameed's wife she decided to stir up some trouble.

Amira smirked from the other side and said to Asma mockingly, "Asma right?. I still can't get it right. Why would Hameed marry a girl like you. I believe you fooled him by your sickness"

Asma's eyes narrowed slightly, revealing a cold glint. She immediately turned alert and said indifferently, "Who doesn't have a few problems around in this world? Don't you have them too? Miss Amira"

Asma purposely emphasised the word 'MISS', then pretended to have suddenly realised something, "Ah! Speaking of which, doesn't this title suit you a lot?."