38- Winners

They got some burn ointment and a light gauze wrapped around my left forearm and right elbow. I'll be fine, it's not that bad. It's just like those burns you would get when you fell on the gym floor in elementary school and you didn't realize how worn the knees of your jeans were so you ended up with a hole in your jeans and a gym floor burn.

I walk to the home dojo, finding the door already open. Oh..? Is everything okay? I peek around the corner to see Sam talking to Robby. Oh... you know, I'm just gonna back myself right out. I don't want to interrupt anything... I'll just tell them later... it's okay... my phone buzzes as I head to the living room. Whom- oh!

Miguel

-Hey!

-My mom was wondering how

your knee was doing

-That's a lie

-I mean I'm sure she'd like to know

-I just wanted an excuse to talk

to you

lmao-

Honestly, you couldn't have texted-

at a better time 💀

-Oh sick

-You know, we haven't really like

talked talked since our rematch

You can just say u want to call me lol-

-You caught me 😅

-FaceTime or just audio?

Either or, idc-

I grab my earbuds because I don't particularly want to get caught talking to Miguel. I don't think that would go over well with Sam or Robby or Mr LaRusso, if they happened to stumble upon me. Ah, I see he went for FaceTime. I look around for something to set my phone on because my arms are really sore and I'm not holding this phone up. Aha! I prop the phone up on my first place sparring trophy and surprisingly, the angle is really good.

"Hey!" He greets, "how have you been?"

"Pretty good, pretty good. Tired, for sure, but I'm usually tired. What about you?"

"Same here. Maybe not as tired though," he replies. We both laugh a little. If anyone is as tired as I am... I pray for their soul, mind, body, and spirit, they must be absolutely miserable.

"How's your training been going? Have you actually started hitting each other yet?" Miguel asks. He has way too much audacity considering I beat his ass in our last sparring match.

"First of all, unnecessary and second of all, it's going great, actually. Warming up to some new students. Oh yeah! So my sensei told me to come to the dojo for practice on Sunday and specifically tells me to wear a headband. This one, actually. So I get there and it's just me, which is really confusing, but it got even more confusing, don't worry. He blindfolded me using the headband and then proceeded to basically beat up on me while I was blindfolded. Turns out it was a lesson in anticipating attacks and using other senses besides sight. It was actually really sweet because he wanted to help me with my anxiety and paranoia," I recount fondly. He smiles, nodding. The lesson really proved useful today. I'll have to be sure to give a huge thanks to Mr LaRusso.

"Yeah, I guess that's something our senseis have in common. The unconventional training methods I mean," he says. Mr LaRusso? Having anything in common with Mr Lawrence? I'm shocked.