70- Meet Me at the Skatepark

"I love you!"

My heart stops. ¿Qué? I freeze in my tracks. What did he say? I don't know why I'm bothering to ask myself. I know what he said. I don't even get fully turned around before inky splotches swim 

rapidly across my vision, and everything goes dark.

—————

Sounds slowly start to return to my ears. Leaves rustling gently. Rainwater dripping from trees and the rooftop. Cars driving not too far away. Where am I..? I sit up, torso aching immediately, which is how I know I'm not dreaming. I look around. Is this... is this the Miyagi-Do dojo? It is... what happened? How did I get here? Who-

I love you...

Robby... who else would? Anybody else would've brought me home, or to a hospital, and I'm pretty sure he and Kreese were the only ones around... Robby would never risk going back to my apartment complex after what had just happened... but he didn't just take me into the Cobra Kai dojo, no, he brought me all the way here, to the Miyagi-Do dojo. It would've been worlds easier to just keep me at the Cobra Kai dojo... but he brought me here... maybe he's not as far gone as I initially thought he was... maybe he really was thinking about what's best for me when he was trying to convince me to join Cobra Kai... maybe he really does just want to keep me safe...

Details of the fight that took place replay in my head as my moving around causes things to hurt. I took a lot of torso hits when those four guys were attacking me... and that one boy messed up my ankle. This makes the second time this year that someone in Cobra Kai has hindered my ability to walk, specifically the left leg, and I'm really mad about it. I move my foot gently. Still aches, but definitely not as bad as I thought it was. I look down at my hands. Hold on... this isn't the way that Ms Diaz bandaged my hands... and there's no blood on my forearms like there was last night. I never got to wash it off- I remember because that's what I was about to do before we left to go after Mr LaRusso and Mr Lawrence. Robby brought me to the Miyagi-Do dojo, cleaned the blood off of my arms, and re-bandaged my hands..? Ay de mí...

I have to find him. He's most likely at the Cobra Kai dojo, but I can't go back there. Where-

Meet me at the skatepark tomorrow at nine p.m.. You'll be there. I can't do this with you right now...

He'll be at the skatepark where I combined forms on the beam at nine p.m tonight... I'll be there... he has to be there...

Until then, I should probably get home... Abuelita should get back later today if we're lucky, and if we're not... I just hope she's back for Christmas. I feel my pockets, finding my keys, my phone, and my kubotan. Gracias a Dios, everything is still here. I pull out my phone, hands stinging, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. That's... weird. I'm not complaining! It's just strange. I feel like I remember it hurting a lot more. Mierda... I have thirty-three missed calls from Miguel. Ay caramba. I quickly unlock the phone, calling him back. It's about eight in the morning. I think he would be awake by now, right? It rings for a what feels like forever, but he picks up.

"Parker? Are you okay?! I called a like a million times like you said but you never picked up so I told Sensei about it and we went back to the strip mall to see if something had happened to you but your car was gone and we were gonna look for you but it was late and my mom said that you would be easier to find in the morning anyway," Miguel says from the other end, speaking quickly, "I was so scared something happened to you! Are you okay? Where are you? Do you need someone to come pick you up? Reina, we're all really worried about you."