47- Nightmares

I run as fast as I can, legs and lungs burning as I try to avoid debris from the house I grew up in that have every intent of crushing me. Just as I reach out to get in my car and drive to safety, the ground seems to disappear from under my feet. I fall through the air, though when I finally crash to the ground, I'm no longer at my house.

Where- is this the All Valley Sports Complex..? It is... this is where every tournament I've ever competed in has been held... somebody shoves me out of nowhere. Who- Sam? She holds a bottle of beer in her hand.. the kind my dad always drinks...

"Sam... why are you drinking?" I ask, confused. After all that happened because of her drinking... she puts a hand on my shoulder, laughing, though it sounds just a touch... maniacal..?

"Come on Parker," she says, "dance with us!"

She shoves me backwards into somebody new, sloshing beer all over me in the process. My back collides with the person, who promptly spins me around, one hand holding my own and the other at my waist. Eli..? It is... before he had his crazy transformation, before he was a complete asshole, before I pushed him away...

"Why did you leave me Parker?" He asks, "we could've been something."

Without warning, he slips his leg around mine, forcing my knee the wrong way. I cry out in pain. The floor disappears again and this time, he comes with me.

When we finally crash down to the ground once more, he pins me beneath him, though when I look up at him. He's not Eli, he's Hawk, smirking down at me.

"We could've been something, Princess," he says. With one last smirk, he closes the distance between us, pressing his lips mine, rendering me frozen with shock.

But when he pulls away, it's not him... it's Robby... my heart seems to skip many beats. What just happened, how did they switch?

"Robby..?" I ask as I sit up, very confused. He starts to say something, but then his expression shifts and he pushes me to the side, standing up. What- oh. Miguel stands across from him and before I know it, they start fighting. I try to stand up, but my knee screams out in pain, refusing to let me go anywhere. Where am I now? The school? What's going on?

"Why didn't you help me Parker?!" Miguel calls out as they continue to fight. Before I can give any sort of answer, Robby kicks him over the railing. I ignore the pain in my knee shouting at me to stop, and dive after him, not realizing that in my efforts, I've fallen too. I try to grab something; anything, but my attempts are futile.

After falling for what feels like forever, as if I was falling in slow motion, I crash hard once again. I clutch my injured knee as I sit up, surveying my new location. I'm on a stage... I don't recognize it... maybe I've done a concert or a show choir competition here... A single spotlight shines down on where I sit on the stage. The theater is empty, but the light somehow begs for me to stand and sing or dance or do martial arts or something. But I can't move. I try to, but it's like my body is stuck to the ground.

Suddenly. The light clicks off, leaving me in complete and utter darkness. No.. no.. turn the light back on! What's going on?! Why is this happening?! A few moments later the light clicks back on, but this time it doesn't shine on me, it shines on someone in the audience. What..? The theater was empty... there was nobody here but me...

I look a little closer, then instantly recognize something. That's the chair that's been in my house for what feels like forever.. the chair my dad always sits in..

"Parker!" He shouts, sounding just like he did on my birthday.. although his seems to... echo, in a way, almost as if the auditorium is much bigger than it actually is... as if it's not quite here.