106 - Familia

Unknown Number

- Hey kid. I need you to meet

me at the Olive Garden at the mall in

Chatsworth at 1230.

i think you have the wrong number-

- Shit is this not Parker Reyes?

wait, who is this?-

- Johnny Lawrence. Robby's dad.

Eagle Fang Sensei.

Mr Lawrence??-

i didn't even know you had a phone-

- Some nerd just got me hooked up

with one. Now can you meet me there or not?

can i ask why?-

- I'm trying to get Robby and Miguel to get along.

... -

you know that restaurant is basically-

a disgrace to italian cuisine, right?

- At least I'm trying something.

Are you in or not?

im on my way -

No way in hell this actually works. And Olive Garden? C'mon. If I wanted authentic Italian food, I'd open my mom's recipe book. Going to Olive Garden and expecting authenticity is like going to Taco Bell and expecting authentic Mexican food. Regardless of my thoughts towards Olive Garden, I can respect Mr Lawrence for trying to get Robby and Miguel to get along, and I could use a distraction from what happened with Silver earlier... and I should probably stand up from the ground. This grass is so nice and comfortable though. And it's not too hot out today, so the sun feels nice on my skin. I think I could lie here forever. God, maybe I am a lizard.

"You'll always be a snake, Miss Parker Reyes... don't let Danny Boy, or anybody else, let you forget it..." Silver's voice shoots through my brain. I stand up quickly. Ay dios mío, I need something to distract myself. Y cállate, brain, I was thinking about a lizard, not a damn snake.

"Let me guess: your dad invited you to lunch too?" someone asks as they walk up. It's Miguel. Obviously I recognize his voice, but his footsteps are easy too, even on carpet.

"Yep," Robby replies.

"And he didn't tell you I was coming,"

"Nope," Robby says, "c'mon Park, we're going."