95 - Pawn

"I didn't know you could dance like that, Keene, I'm impressed,"

"Me? I used to dance with my mom all the time. I guess it paid off. What about you? I didn't know how good you were at it,"

"I'm in show choir and I had a lead roll in show where the plot dealt with romance, of course I know how to partner dance," I laugh. Obviously it wasn't as close contact and intimate as the way I danced with Robby, but it helped me with coordination and all of that.

"I'm sorry I missed your performance, I really wanted to watch it," he says. I know he did, and I know he feels bad after missing my tournament back in December, but practically all of my friends and the LaRussos were there, and I knew it wasn't gonna blow over well so I strongly advised him not to come.

"I know, but it's probably a good thing you didn't. It's okay, there are a bunch of videos," I say, "it all came in handy while we were fighting."

He grins over at me.

"I know you didn't want any fights... but we still make a great fighting team," Robby says. I can't help but grin too. I really didn't want a fight... but he's right, we were awesome.

"Always have, always will. I think it's because of the tree," I say, "and it's okay. I just feel bad about the pool, especially 'cause I spent so much time getting this mess to be straight."

"I like it better curly," he says, moving some of the pieces in my face, "and it's definitely the tree."

He likes my crazy curls over the neat straightness that it was tonight? Awe... that's actually really sweet to hear...

"I didn't realize that you, Parker Ysa Reyes, had a tattoo," he says after a moment of silence. I blush. It's never really come up. And I didn't want to explain the story behind it.

"Yeah, I got it back in January. Do you like it?" I ask.

"Can I see it again?"

"Yeah sure,"

I lift up my dress once more, fully revealing the tattoo on my thigh.

"That's the design on the skateboard you gave me for my birthday- and it was in one of the letters you sent me," he says. He actually remembers that it was in a letter I sent him? When he didn't mention it when I first gifted it to him, I just figured he didn't remember. I forgot that he saved them...

"I love it by the way. You're more badass than I thought."

"Gracias," I laugh, "and I wasn't badass before?"

"Of course you were, now you're just even more badass,"

"I was just messing with you, but thank you. I like it too," I say. He grins, then looks back forward out at the ocean. I drove us to the beach. It's one of my favorite places to be. First is usually Miyagi-Do, but as of late it's been almost painful to have to show up there every day, but this is definitely next on the list, my tae kwon do school and the skatepark pulling up behind it. I love it. The sound of the waves. The way the light reflects on the water. The way the waves move up and down and up and down like clockwork... it's just... peaceful. It reminds me of some of my favorite memories. Strolling the beach with my family members before everything went to shit... burying René in the sand with Alejandro... training with Robby before we trained at the Miaygi-Do dojo... having a sand castle building contest with Sam and Robby on my birthday... beach days with the three of us before school started... I miss those days... things weren't easy, but they weren't this hard... I just miss it.