55- Don't Worry About Me

Parker POV

Things I conveniently "forgot" to include in my letter to Robby:

What Tory did to me in the fight- I didn't want him to worry about my injuries. It's not a huge deal anyway. It's not like I look at the scar when I'm changing and get vivid flashbacks to the fight and how I thought I could view Tory as my friend after how nice she was at the skating rink or anything. Maybe I should've known better.

Second is the fact that I moved, especially into the complex where his dad and Miguel Diaz live. Besides Mr. LaRusso, I'm under the impression that they are the last two people Robby wants to see, although I feel like Robby might've said something about things getting better between him and his dad. I don't know. I just don't want him to stress himself out about me moving. When he gets out of juvie, I'll find him and then talk to him about the whole situation and he can hate me for not telling him about it then.

The next thing that I didn't include was getting beat up by Cobra Kai kids- namely Hawk- after the car wash. Again, it's mainly about not wanting him to worry. He's in juvie, alone, feeling betrayed by his mentor, his girlfriend, and probably his dad too, let's be honest, and the only form of contact that I can give right now is some emails that I don't even know if he can answer, and a singular letter where I'm praying I didn't already screw everything up. He doesn't need to hear or worry about the fights I get into on top of everything else he has to worry about. I can do enough worrying for the both of us and then some.

Lastly, I didn't bring up what he did before he ran away. I really, really wanted to, but then I panicked and left it out. I mean, to me, it's kind of a huge deal. He kissed me on the cheek and was literally like a milliliter away from kissing me on the lips and then he just runs away? Maybe it's not a big deal to him, but it should be. He technically still has a girlfriend, right? Or was kicking her ex over a railing the breakup? Still. I didn't want him to have to think about all of it and what it could mean, and I definitely don't want him to think it caused a rift in our friendship or anything, because it really didn't. Of all the things that happened that day, that one probably would take a back seat to the 'kicking Miguel Diaz over a railing and causing him to be paralyzed' in terms of things that would cause a rift between us. As long as it wasn't intentional, then it won't, but it's something we'll have to talk about.

Anyway, what he did before he left was probably just some sort of... sick diversion to make me loosen my grip on him so he could get away without injuring me. He would have to know that doing such a thing would leave me incredibly flustered and present the perfect opportunity for him to slip away with ease. It taught me a lesson in getting distracted. Maybe there's something else though... maybe I didn't bring it up because... I don't know where it leaves Robby and I and I don't want him to think about it too much... I don't know how I view Robby anymore. As my friend, obviously, my closest one at that, but after what happened... after all that time we spent together over the summer and those few months leading up to it... after everything we went through... maybe there's something more... maybe I didn't bring it up because I'm starting to think of Robby as more than a friend and I'm protecting myself from that because of what's happened in the past when I let myself fall down that path... maybe I-

My phone starts vibrating as I walk out of the choir room. Shit, I need to put it on do not disturb. I'm glad it didn't go off during rehearsal. That would be the most embarrassing thing and also a horrible way to start the school day. I move to decline the call and silence my phone, but then I see that it's... Miguel? Calling me before school? I pick up, confused.

"Uhh.. hello?" I say, confused. I've never been that person who talks on the phone while walking through the school hallways. I've also never been the person who gets called by someone who isn't someone from Colorado calling about my 'last chance to get a warranty on my car' while at school either.