118 - No Mercy

We got the team assembled, so now we're on our way to the flagship dojo. I've got Robby, Tory, and Eli all in my car. Miguel and Demetri are with Sam.

"Are you sure we'll be able to disable the security?" Eli asks as we drive.

"If I can set up a system, I can take it down," I say. The same goes for a lot of things actually, like martial arts. If you understand the mechanics of a technique, you'll be a lot better at blocking it.

"Have you ever taken one down before?" Tory asks. My face gets a little warm.

"I mean, I haven't completely dismantled one, but I've bypassed one long enough to sneak in, do what I needed to do, then leave, and have it look like nothing was wrong," I say. Robby looks over at me, seeming confused.

"Where did you sneak into?" he asks. I thought I told him this.

"LaRusso Auto..." I admit, which immediately gains exclamations, "but! But! I technically had the security codes and technically I told them I was there and I didn't take anything, and it got us one step closer to finding Robby after he ran away, so I don't wanna hear it."

"I thought you were a huge goody-two-shoes, Parker," Tory laughs. I'm usually a supporter of following laws and rules, but sometimes, they need to be broken.

"Clearly you never witnessed her break Kyler's nose or had her take you down in the middle of a food court," Eli counters, gaining snickers from Robby and Tory. My face goes hot. Robby looks over at me as I park the car at the parking lot a block away from the flagship dojo. I look back over at him. He flashes his contagious grin at me before mouthing the words "I love you". I can't help but smile.

"Not to be cheesy, but I missed you guys.." Tory says, "thanks for letting me help you take down Silver."

"We're not done yet," I say, unbuckling my seatbelt, "but we need you. And we're happy to have you with us again."

She gives me a small smile, then all of us get out of the car. This is exactly what I wanted. My friends fighting with me rather than against me. Having every side come together to work against a common enemy. Having true balance within our team. And with that balance? Silver doesn't stand a chance.

"Why'd we park so far away?" Eli asks as we walk to the dojo to meet up with Sam, Miguel, and Demetri.

"Because if Silver or any of the other Cobras who've been around a while see my car, they'll know we're here," I say. I'd rather not be what gives us away and ruins our whole plan.

"Always one step ahead," he says. Something like that.

We don't say much more until we meet up with the others, where we all exchange small waves and half smiles.

"Alright. Let's do this," Sam says, and we start for the entrance as a group.

"If it's the same alarm system, I should be able to bypass it," Robby says.