42- Party Time

TW- Alcohol abuse (I think that's what you would call it)

The past couple of days have been great. I baked a huge batch of cookies and took some to Miguel, as promised, brought an extra container and told him to give them to Tory, and shared the rest with Miyagi-Do, which earned me a lot of compliments and therefore serotonin, the cookies were also involved in an apology marathon of John Mulaney and Spider-Man: Homecoming with Sam, and we went back to school shopping together, which was fun. I also showed Mr LaRusso the pictures Miguel and I took at the skating rink and he thought they were hilarious.

I've been training harder than ever in both martial arts, trying to get in that last minute grind before school starts and I'll be more tired come time for karate and tae kwon do. Tory posted a cool video of her beating up on a bag, so Sam posted a cool video of her beating up on a bag that felt like she was trying to up show Tory, so I posted a cool video of me beating up on a bag at tae kwon do, as you do in that situation.

Robby and Sam's relationship is still going well, thank goodness, and I haven't been ditched anywhere! Mr and Mrs LaRusso seem to be all good again, which makes things so much better at the dealership. Cobra Kai has left us alone for the most part. I haven't even seen Hawk since I went to the Cobra Kai dojo to give them a piece of my mind.

The only hitch in Sam, Robby, and I's pretty much perfect couple of days is that Robby's mom came by... she's leaving again... but this time, she going to rehab. I can't help but be extremely happy for her and Robby. She'll get better and then Robby can have a much more stable life, not that what he has here isn't stable, but I think both of us know that neither of us can stay forever. Whatever happens, I'll be there for him. I just wish something like that could happen with my dad... I think... I don't know... it would take a lot of therapy or something... speaking of therapy, that's another slight damper on our- or at least my- good time. Mr and Mrs LaRusso sat me down last night and asked me sincerely if I wanted to start therapy. I didn't really know what to say so I told them I would think it over, to which they responded with 'take as much time as you need' so I will be doing just that. It threw me for a loop, but other than that, things have been sailing pretty smoothly, which is just the thing I needed right before the start of a new school year.

"Hey you two," Sam says as she walks into the living room where Robby and I are sitting on the couch. He's reading a book about Okinawan history and I found a really interesting book about different martial arts and whatnot at the mall so I've been reading it. I don't know if I like the tone in her voice... or the look on her face. It's too mischievous, especially given the fact that Mr and Mrs LaRusso are going out on a date night. What is she planning? Consider me: afraid.

"I'm not sure I like the mischief in your tone," Robby says, though he wears a smile, so I know he's not being too serious.

"Combined with the look? What are you planning?" I follow up. Robby kind of seems like he would be the type of guy to party and be in to things like that, but once you get to know him better, you realize that he's really a pretty chill guy who likes quiet nights in and reading and having heart to heart conversations. We're alike in that sense. It's nice. He also just... doesn't drink. Like he doesn't feel the need or want to and I love it for him and also for my own sake. It's just nice.

"My friend Moon invited me and Miyagi-Do to a party at her house, it'll be fun," Sam says. I see many red flags here, number one:

"I think she was one of the ones who only acknowledged my existence for answers to the history assignments," I say, "but she did always ask nicely."

"She's changed. She apologized to Aisha for everything she to did to her. I'm sure she would do the same with you,"

"She seems like a sweet person, so I'll look past that, but last time you told me something would be fun, I got stranded," I say. That's the second red flag. The third is that I don't like parties.