65- It's Always Been You

I helped to get both the All Valley and the Anual Winter tournament back on. I should be happy. I should be celebrating. I should be out partying with my friends. At the very least, I should be hanging out with Sam and Miguel while we talk and laugh about our triumph. But here I am, sitting in my car, alone, a crying mess. I don't really know... why, though. I mean, obviously I'm happy that we saved the tournaments. I'm looking forward to mine- which is in two days. Yet again, I feel like I don't belong, in more aspects than just martial arts. I feel like I can't belong with Miguel because I still have such strong ties with Robby. I felt like I didn't belong at the hearing today because I was probably the only one there advocating for the continuation of the tae kwon do tournament. I don't know. I just feel out of place all over again. I want to wipe away the tears steadily rolling down my face on the sleeve of the flannel I'm currently wearing but it's actually not technically mine, so I resist the urge to do so, opting to just wipe my face with my hand.

I check to make sure that I don't have mascara streaming down my face- I don't-, then get out of my car, tucking my keys and my phone into my back pocket. I came to the one place I always come back to when I'm upset. I didn't want to go home because it's lonely there- not that I'm not used to being lonely or anything, but still. I tried to go to the skatepark, but when I got there, I realized that I had left my- another thing that is not technically mine, but I've kept it in great condition- skateboard at home and didn't feel like going back to get it because I knew I wouldn't leave again. After that, I was even more upset than before, so the only logical conclusion was to come here. The Miyagi-Do dojo. I keep my head bowed a- so I can wipe my tears away better, and b- so that I don't have to look at anyone that might be coming in or out of here. I saw Sam's car, so she might be here. If she's inside, I'll do my thing outside. If she's outside, I'll just stay inside. I just want to do forms in peace so I can maybe stop crying and also feel better so I can celebrate what we did today.

Out of nowhere something- or someone- shoves into me at the shoulder. Por el amor de Dios, what the hell?! It is not the time right now, I have no patience for this. Startled, I jump back, taking a fighting stance. It seems the person who ran into me has done the same. Wait... I drop my stance in an instant, my heart seeming to skip like, twenty beats. Our eyes meet, and for a second, everything seems to stand completely still.

Robby.

"Park..?!" he says in a whisper. More tears flood my eyes.

"Robby," I return. Without either of us saying another word, we throw our arms around each other, just like we did after the All Valley. My breathing is heavy and so is his. I can't help but laugh through tears in complete joy, relief, and shock. I can't believe it's really him. After all this time... here we are. He starts to let me go, but for once, I don't let him.

"Please don't let go," I say, holding him tighter, "part of me still doesn't feel like this is real."

He shifts a little, resting his head on my shoulder and holding me tighter than before.

"I'm glad you said that," he says back. I close my eyes, breathing in the closeness of the embrace. I put a hand on the back of his head, and reality sets in. This is real. This isn't a dream. This is real. I finally let him go, backing up and taking in the boy in front of me.

I wipe away tears from my eyes, then cover my mouth with my hands, laughing through my fingers, unable to contain a huge grin. For the first time in months, I get to see that stupid side grin of his that has never failed to make me smile in person again. He runs a hand through his now short hair, grinning and laughing a little, which makes my heart skip even more. My face is also bright red with embarrassment at the fact that the flannel I'm wearing right now is actually his. I put in on this morning in an attempt to bring myself more confidence, paired with some high-waisted jeans and a more form fitting black top, but of course the one day I decide to do so is the day that I see Robby again for the first time in months.