100 - Eso No es Amor

Miguel POV

Riding in a car for hours with Robby Keene was not fun. The dead silence was just the worst. It didn't help that Sensei kept trying to make conversation and get Robby and I to talk to each other. We did not talk to each other. I'm just glad to be back home. After that whole fiasco? Yeah. It'll be nice to talk to Sam and be with my mom and Yaya and apologize to Parker for everything... I think I have a lot to explain to her... a lot to make up for... she seemed really mad at the tournament... but also... not mad? She was definitely mad. But she also wasn't super hard on me? She just seemed... tired...

I mean that checks out. She's been pushing herself hard lately, and the people closest to her haven't exactly made things any easier on her... I should know... but I just... I can't believe she's with Robby... I mean, I can, obviously. I saw the way he looked at her way before they were together... and I see the way he looks at her now. The way the only times his expression softened at the tournament was for her. And at prom? I would never recognize him as the same person who fought for Cobra Kai at the All Valley or kicked me over the railing... the way he smiled at her... the way he looked at her like she was his entire world... the way I only know all of that because I looked at her the same way...

 I should have just listened to her about her viewpoint on things. Let her explain herself. Just listened the way that she always listened to me talk about things... I'll have to apologize to her tomorrow. It's already eleven at night. She would be asleep by- okay, no, she wouldn't. She never sleeps, but she's always tired. She would be in her apartment by now though, probably with earbuds in listening to music or watching YouTube videos until she's tired enough to just pass out. Maybe I'll just text her when I'm back in my own room, in the comfort of my own bed. But shit, she's mad, she might not respond. I think I definitely screwed up...

At least we're almost back. Just a few more turns. Speaking of which, why is Robby still in the car? Is Sensei not gonna drop him off somewhere? Or is he staying with Sensei? How am I supposed to apologize to Parker if he's constantly around?

"Where are you staying?" I ask Robby, effectively making it the first thing I've said to him this entire trip. He glances at Sensei before returning his attention to me.

"I don't know," he says, "but wherever it is, I'm gonna see Park before I go."

Park..? Alright. I get it. When Parker said she was saving that nickname for the tournament, she really meant she was saving it for Robby... I shake my head a little. I should've known there was never a chance with her. I should've known the second she hesitated before almost kissing me that it was never going to happen. I should've known that someone else was bound to have her heart. She's just too... too her for someone to not. And I should've known that that person was Robby Keene.

So why did I think I had a chance? Why did I still hold out hope? How can I be so happy with Sam but still have those lingering thoughts? Does that make me a horrible boyfriend? Does that make me a horrible person? Am I bad person for some part of me wishing that Robby would do something so Parker breaks up with him? Am I bad person for wanting something that Parker clearly seems happy to be a part of to be ruined? Does that make me a bad person? Why would any part of my brain ever want anything like that..?

I obviously know that Parker is with Robby and that if they've been together as long as he's been back, then next to nothing will change that... and I'm with Sam, just like I wanted... so why... why is there still a piece of my heart that belongs to Parker Reyes?