Chapter 10: Mother's warmth and Son's ascension

Author: We are almost done onto the volume 3 of the book! And kudos on who can understand the title! Enjoy :D

No one POV

*With Ash* 

Ash: Holy s*it... What the hell happened here...?

Earlier after Ash got a rough landing while his team leader Y/N deals with the dragon that's chasing them earlier, he finally got onto the tower, but he noticed the HOLE that Mei drilled with her dragon onto the vault. 

Ash looks onto the deep hole on and he can definitely smell the after math of a intense battle there. Despite his years as a underground fighter, he never see this kind of intensity before. He readies the last fire dust on his hands as he crushes it and forms a flare of some sort, before he drops it and sees how deep the flare goes in. 

Ash: I don't know when this secret location is been part of the school, but I can tell mom got to be there. 

He readies his grappling hook on his forearm before he slowly descends onto the drilled hole towards to the vault. And after a while he landed onto the vault and there he sees the mess and damages on the aftermath of the battle. His eyes scanning around the vault despite his tired and fatigue state while he readies his dust crystal for just in case. 

Ash suddenly heard a cough nearby as he got alerted and ready before he slowly approaches the source of the cough. To his relief, he sees his mother Cinder leaning onto a broken pillar while wrapping some cloth on her wound before Ash approaches her this time. 

Ash: *concerned and worried* Mom! Mom are you all right? 

Cinder: *looks up, worried* A-Ash...? What are you doing here!?

Ash: *eyes narrowed* Mom it doesn't matter why I am here, come on let's get out of here.

Ash carries Cinder sideways and starts walking out together away from the mess in the vault. That's before Cinder sensed something as Ash stops and looks to his mother. 

Ash: *to Cinder* Mother?

Cinder: *grunts a bit* She's still standing up this whole time...?

Ash's eyes widened in alarmed when she sees someone rising from the rubble while Cinder readies what remained of her fall maiden powers. On the rubbles, they see Mei rising from the damages and rubbles while bleeding from her own wounds. 

Mei: *grunting from her wounds* I hate to admit it

Mei: *grunting from her wounds* I hate to admit it... For a traitor, you fight very well and improved than the last time we fought. 

Cinder: *readies her last dust blade* Same to you. I can sense your power and your ideals are way more stronger and sharper. 

Mei and Cinder has a stare down between each other, amber eyes observing over the electric violet eyes. Before Mei noticed Ash standing besides Cinder, her eyes soften for a moment before she speaks up.